|I should have been the one to fill your dark soul with liiiiiiiiiiight!|
|This article is a stub and is missing information. You can help the Devil May Cry wiki by expanding it.|
Appearance and Description
Balrog is a set of gauntlets, grieves, and shoulder pads (Blow Mode only) created with the sealed power of the king of Fire Hell.
All of Balrog's components look to be made of magma and expel heat and flames upon striking.
The Balrog has two different modes, a Kick Mode and a Blow Mode. Kick Mode lets Dante perform powerful kicks to enemies while Blow Mode focuses on punching and allows him to execute short dodges.
- The name of the weapon is a reference to Balrog, a character in the Street Fighter series.
- The magma-like composition and the flames it emits upon striking are a reference to the monster of the same name in The Lord of the Rings.
- ↑ CAPCOM: Devil May Cry 5 Official Site
- ↑ Devil May Cry 5 Official Dante Character Page- Balrog: A Devil Arm made for melee combat, brimming with the sealed power of the king of Fire Hell.
Kick Mode unleashes powerful kicks, while Blow Mode allows for nimble maneuvers. Make use of either mode to crush demons with ease.
- ↑ (Translated): "By the way, "Balrog" is taken from the overseas name of the Street Fighter character. (M. Bison in Japan)" - GAME Watch