|I should have been the one to fill your dark soul with liiiiiiiiiiight!|
|This article is a stub and is missing information. You can help the Devil May Cry wiki by expanding it.|
Beelzebubs are demon spirits inhabiting the bodies of insects in Devil May Cry. Their hideousness with the warped bodies of bugs they possessed is never too difficult to imagine from their appearance and movements. Beelzebubs live mostly in the sewers of the castle on Mallet Island and are similar to Marionettes in level and strength. They attack in numbers as well, usually swarming in the air around their victims.
These are Beelzebubs with the form of a gigantic fly. Very agile and hideous, they tend to attack after flying around for a while. What appear to be maggots that the blue Beelzebub vomits are not real maggots. They are a form of evil power that will prevent your gun from firing until they fall off. If you are hit by these, switch to your sword to finish them off.
These are Beelzebubs with the form of a gigantic mantis. They attack only after reaching their prey, but as their speed is relatively low, attacks from Green Beelzebubs are quite easy to evade. Normally they are slow and grotesque, but when attacking, become very quick. The large green Beelzebubs serve like an evil power bank for the blue airborne Beelzebubs. They seem to be stronger since they have larger physical mass. The green Beelzebubs eat the dead, absorb their evil powers, and become even more agile and dangerous.
Face the Beelzebub whenever you can. Turning your back will provoke it to attack you with their claws. Like the Blade, it is most vulnerable when on its back. Hit it hard with an aerial attack to knock it down and attack the soft belly. Be careful, though, of the dangerous poison it can spit. Due to their rather weak presence, they are replaced completely in Dante Must Die mode.
The name of Beelzebub was inspired by the Hebrew demon Beelzebub, which means "Lord of the Flies". He is established as the Lord of the Flies and a high-ranking demon, and his flies carry souls down to the Abyss. Beelzebub is also believed to be a bastardized version of the Canaanite god Baal or an alternate form of Satan. He is also associated with the sin of gluttony.
- The Beelzebub was one of the creatures that was supposed to appear in Resident Evil 4. When the game eventually turned into Devil May Cry, this enemy was kept completely unchanged. However, its polygon count was much lower than before.[excerpt 1]
- ↑ Do any of the demons in "DMC" have noticeable traces of their origins as B.O.W.'s for "RE"?
Takeyasu: As far as design goes, Beelzebub was completely unchanged. However, its polygon count was much lower than when the game was "RE 4". The same goes for Blade, minus the armor. It was originally a Hunter for "RE". You know how Phantom has flames running through its body? In "RE 4", that was going to be blood instead. Also, if you just make Griffon a bit more ragged-looking, that's basically his "RE 4" design. As soon as we switched to "DMC", we were told to patch up our monsters. Give them some first aid, if you will. They were originally zombie-like creatures, so we had to extract that zombie virus and make them healthy again. (laughs)
- ↑ Devil May Cry, Enemy File — Beelzebub: "This evil spirit inhabits the body of a fly. Its hideousness is not too difficult from its appearance and movements."
- ↑ Devil May Cry, Enemy File - Beelzebub: "The blue Beelzebubs vomits what appear to be maggots, but they are really a form of evil power that prevents you from firing when in contact with it. In this case, you should switch your weapon to a sword."
- ↑ Devil May Cry, Enemy File - Beelzebub: "The large green Beelzebubs serve as an evil power supply for the blue airborne Beelzebubs. They seem to be stronger, since they have larger physical mass."
- ↑ Devil May Cry, Enemy File - Beelzebub: "The green Beelzebubs feed on the dead and absorb their evil powers, and become even stronger. After feeding they become agile and more dangerous."
- ↑ Devil May Cry, Enemy File - Beelzebub: "Never turn your back to the Beelzebub. It will grab you with its frontal limbs and try to break your back."
- ↑ Devil May Cry, Enemy File - Beelzebub: "It is most vulnerable after being hit, when it is on its back. Blast it with an aerial attack, but watch out for the poison it spits out."
- ↑ Devil May Cry: 3142 Graphic Arts. p.202
|Devil May Cry|
|Characters||Dante - The Dark Knight Sparda - Eva - Trish|
|Bosses||Griffon - Mundus - Nelo Angelo - Nightmare - Phantom|
|Lesser Demons||Beelzebub - Blade - Fetish - Frost - Kyklops - Marionette - Nobody - Plasma - Sargasso - Shadow - Sin Scissors & Scythe|
|Devil Arms||Alastor - Force Edge & Sparda - Ifrit - Yamato|
|Guns||Ebony & Ivory - Grenadegun - Luce & Ombra - Needlegun - Nightmare-β - Shotgun|
|Locations||Broken Bridge - Dante's Office - Mallet Island - Mirror World|
|Music||Seeds of Love|