Nico tried to recreate Nero's lost demonic arm, resulting in a powerhouse capable of throwing enemies with devastating force. This brute strength comes at the price of reduced durability, but the chance to toss around massive demons is well worth it. Throws vary according to the enemy.
- Devil May Cry 5 promo site, Character - Nero
- Buster Arm
- Nico tried to recreate Nero's lost demonic arm, resulting in a powerhouse capable of throwing enemies with devastating force. This brute strength comes at the price of reduced durability, but the chance to toss around massive demons is well worth it.
- Nico's Weapon Report - Buster Arm
- I only had one goal in mind with this beast: recreate the demonic arm that bastard stole from you. I bet ya been itching to chuck around baddies again, am I right?
- Well rejoice! I did it! This arm lets you toss around demons like a boss, even slam them into the ground if you have the hankering!
- ...For a little while, anyway. But that's as tough as I can make this sucker, dammit! I swear!
Despite being an artificial imitation of the Devil Bringer only capable of emulating the Buster attack, the Buster Arm's attacks are actually considerably stronger than the Devil Bringer's.The Buster Arm's Super Buster attack especially can also be considered one of the most powerful attacks in the game.
This was most likely an intentional move by the developers to prevent the Buster Arm from becoming redundant once Nero regains the use of the Devil Bringer and with it unlimited access to the Buster s at the end of the game and during subsequent playthroughs. The trade-offs of the Buster Arm's superior damage output is its low durability.
The damage compared when used on a Hell Caina on Devil Hunter difficulty in The Void, firing all possible shots:
- Buster: 600
- Buster (Devil Trigger): 800
- Neo Buster: 1,200
- Super Buster: 12,000
In other words, the Buster Arm is around twice as strong by default, and rather than being one-third stronger as with the DT Buster, the Super Buster is twenty times stronger than the basic Buster and ten times stronger than the Neo Buster. Neither function receives any further further damage buff if it is used with Devil Trigger active, though the player can hit the Buster button during the animation to punch the enemy they are holding with Nero's DT arms for a minor increase.