The origin of the Cavaliere came from a drawing of a motorcycle made by someone in the development team that the director Itsuno found cool. Itsuno had also wanted to implement a motorcycle as a weapon in the series for a long time. In fact, the team's first time at trying to implement a motorcycle as a weapon was in Devil May Cry 2. Dante actually uses Lady's motorcycle as weapon during a cutscene in Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening, but it is not available in gameplay.
Cavaliere is a heavily armored black motorcycle created from demonic metals, with large spikes stick out from the side of the front tire. Cavaliere R version follows the same design, only with red as its main color.
For its melee form, the handles slide to the spot where the gas tank meets the seat and it splits in half. The tires open up into large spiked buzzsaws.
While Cavaliere is equipped as the active weapon, Dante wears a pair of googles around his neck. In Devil Trigger form, Dante puts them over his eyes.
- Devil May Cry 5 promo site
- A heavyweight weapon born of materials infused with demonic power. Lay on the pain with its spinning wheels in motorbike form, or heft it around by the handlebars as a pair of massive twin swords.
- Dante can even attack from the driver's seat.
- The bladed wheels and sharp ram-like protrusions grind demons to bits.
- Cavaliere R DLC description
- A version of the Cavaliere weapon Dante acquires, which has been customized by Nico for Dante's use. Its instantaneous output has been increased, and its appearance matches Dante's thematic color. Can be used in-game after acquiring the Cavaliere.
- Nico's Weapon Report - Cavaliere
The Cavaliere is a motorcycle that can be split up into a pair of giant buzzsaws. These attacks are slow but deal high amounts of damage while covering a wide area.
Central to Cavaliere is the "Gear Wheel" mechanic. This activates when Dante strikes an enemy with most of Cavaliere's attacks: the saw will crackle with energy as this happens. Pressing a button during this will simply advance the attack sequence, but waiting for the weapon's blade to glow will trigger "Top Gear," while perfect timing will cause "Overtop Gear." These two states increase the speed and power of Cavaliere's next attack, indicated by the glow on Cavaliere's blades changing color.
Its motorcycle form can also be used as a weapon with Swordmaster. Dante rides the motorcycle, performing doughnuts, wheelies, ramming it into the enemy.
Cavaliere R is a DLC alternative variant which features a new Swordmaster move, with the tradeoff of less effective "super armor" than the basic version. It can only be equipped after Dante acquires the regular Caviliere: normally the player must choose to equip one or the other, though with the "Irregular Full Custom" skill unlocked after defeating Son of Sparda mode Dante can equip both at once. As a DLC weapon, Cavaliere R cannot be used in Bloody Palace mode: if the player tries a warning will appear, and if they disregard it they will start with Cavaliere R removed from their equipped weapons.
- ↑ CAPCOM: Devil May Cry 5 Official Site
- ↑ 『DMC5』開発者インタビューでダンテの新武器“キャバリエーレ”と“バルログ”の特徴に迫る - Dengeki Online
- ↑ Famitsu interview - (translated) Itsuno: "We tried to implement a bike weapon in『DMC2』"
- ↑ DMC5 Cavaliere Concept art1.jpg
- ↑ CAPCOM: Devil May Cry 5 Official Site, Character - Dante
- ↑ Devil May Cry 5 - Cavaliere R on Steam