Cavaliere Angelo is a boss demon Dante encountered in Devil May Cry 5. It is an artificial Angelo-type demon that was designed to be an upgrade of the original Nelo Angelo. Later it is revealed that Trish being used as its vessel. The demon's power later becomes a weapon for Dante in the form of a buzzsaw-like motorcycle, freeing Trish in the process.
Cavaliere Angelo appears as a tall, winged humanoid demon with two ridged horns and purple glowing eyes. Its entire body is covered with dark grey, metallic armor. It has two wings which it usually holds circiling its shoulders: these can change size from a small form that is effectively decorative to a much larger one which Cavaliere Angelo can use as a shield.
It wields an enormous sword consisting of four distinct blades with thorn-like serrations, with a hollow center which glows purple, purple lightning crackling over the blades. This sword has the ability to change both size and shape, appearing in the form of a lance with the blades spiraling around each other when Cavaliere Angelo is encountered riding the Elder Geryon, and as a shorter sword with straight blades when Dante fights it on foot.
Cavaliere Angelo shows its disdain towards humans during its encounter with V, calling them "weak, powerless creatures". Other than that, it hasn't displayed any personality traits other than constant fury and utter hatred of Sparda and those of his lineage. It immediately attacked Dante with a grimace on its face and during the battle, shouting the Legendary Dark Knight's name in fury. However, traces of Trish's thoughts can be found, when the demon calls out Dante's name.
Cavaliere Angelo is first seen in Mission 5, being given orders by the demon witch Malphas while riding a member of the time manipulating Geryon species. After Malphas leaves Cavaliere Angelo and the Elder Geryon encounter V and his familiars, causing the two groups to fight. The pair are defeated in the battle, causing the Geryon to die and forcing Cavaliere Angelo to retreat.
It is next encountered in Mission 11, soon after Dante is awoken by V. As Dante fights his way to the Qliphoth he is ambushed by Cavaliere Angelo, who throws a motorbike at him. The two proceed to battle and Cavaliere Angelo is quickly killed. After its defeat Dante carefully slices its body into dozens of tiny pieces to save Trish. The pieces of its body fuse with the nearby motorbike, creating the Cavaliere weapon that Dante uses throughout the rest of the Red Grave incident.
In Mission 14 a dying V is ambushed by Malphas, who uses a spell to trap him in a pocket dimension and lock away his familiars. Inside this pocket dimension V is forced to fight several ghostly figures, dubbed 'Metaphysical Infernal Phantasms' by Nico. One of these figures is a recreation of Cavaliere Angelo, named Miraggio Angelo, created from V's memories.
A motorbike infused with demonic power, Dante can choose to either ride it or split it in two to duel wield it as a pair of buzzsaws.
- Nico Enemy Report - Cavaliere Angelo
- Whatever sorcery it was that cooked up the original Black Angel, somebody's been mighty busy perfectin' it to make this fella.
- Retractable shields built into both arms? It's attack and defense in a single package! And with that demon gal Trish stuck inside, it could blast lightning all up in your face too. Lemme tell ya, I've got a lot of respect for the design!
- Sure wish I coulda seen this one myself, but I guess I'll have to quiz Trish and Dante about it instead...
- Miraggio Angelo
- *Ahem* What we have here is a metaphysical infernal phantasm. Oo-ee! I impress myself.
- I got an inklin' that these are yanked out of the target's memory and manifested to go on the attack. The ol' "nightmares made real" deal. But heck, I'm an engineer, not a wicked witch. What do I know about magic?
- What's clear is that no phantasm is gonna be more powerful than the original.
- You got nothing to fear from these things...unless you're already on your last legs.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Cavaliere Angelo appears to be a larger, stronger and more durable version of the Angelos that are attacking Red Grave City with the unique ability to control and empower itself with lightning, including the ability to imbue its sword with electricity, fire bolts of lightning at Dante, and teleport. When Cavaliere loses its initial charge of lightning, he can recharge its electrical powers by drawing electricity from damaged lamp posts and various loose wiring from the area, giving Cavaliere the power to unleash a massive burst strike of lightning once fully charged.
- Supernatural strength: Cavaliere Angelo is strong enough to carry its enormous sword and carve massive gouges in asphalt with its weapon.
- Supernatural durability: Due to its armor, Cavaliere Angelo can take a lot of blows from Dante's Sparda before becoming stunned and vulnerable.
- Electricity generation and manipulation: Cavaliere Angelo uses electric powers in the form of purple lightning. It uses this lightning to augment its sword and as projectile attacks. He can fire this lighting as projectiles as well as huge thunder streams.
- Teleportation: Cavaliere Angelo can coat itself in lightning to travel quickly between two places.
- Sword: A long and large demonic sword used for the majority of its attacks.
- Shield: Cavaliere Angelo can transform one of its wings into a shield.
- The Cavaliere is translated from Old Latin as "mounted soldier" and "knight".
- In a Famitsu interview, Itsuno stated that the Cavaliere Angelo was a faulty creation of Mundus. Because of this, it needs some type of "base" to function. Once it acquires one, it becomes a fairly powerful enemy in battle.[excerpt 1]
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "確かにロードがないのも快適ですね。話は変わりますが、今回初公開となる、ダンテ編で戦ったボスについてお聞かせください。
"For sure, the road ahead isn't going to be easy. By the way, could you tell us about the first boss you meet in Dante's chapter?
Itsuno: Sure, the boss is named 'Cavaliere Angelo'. Now, you may hear the word 'Angelo' and think of something obvious, but this is actually a creation of Mundus from the first game. However, he didn't do a great job and it ended up being a faulty creation, so it needs a sort of 'base' or 'spark' to function. That said, if it does happen to find a 'base' then it's going to be quite a formidable demon to fight against."