|Guess that kiss is gonna have to wait.|
|This article contains spoilers, as such, it is recommended to read it with caution, or not at all.|
Devil May Cry: Peak of Combat (Simplified Chinese: 鬼泣-巅峰之战; pinyin: Guǐ Qì - Diānfēng zhī zhàn) previously known as Devil May Cry Mobile (also referred to in press as Devil May Cry: Pinnacle of Combat or Devil May Cry: War of the Peak) is an upcoming mobile spin-off game developed by the Chinese company NebulaJoy (formerly known as YunchangGame; 云畅游戏; Yúnchàng yóuxì) and supervised by the Japanese DMC development team. It is a mobile action RPG with online modes such as team battles and PvP combat. The game seems to take elements from a variety of games in the series like DMC3, DMC4, DmC: Devil May Cry and DMC5. After several closed beta tests the game was released for public test in Mainland China on June 11, 2021.
- 1 Development
- 2 Gameplay
- 3 Difficulty Modes
- 4 Characters
- 5 Gallery
- 6 Trivia
- 7 References
- 8 External links
In December 2017, Yunchang Game acquired the rights from Capcom to make the game, during an Oppo conference in China, it earned the award for "the most anticipated game", the game has a strict and detailed supervision standard from Capcom to ensure the quality of the product.
It is set to inherit classic elements of the main Devil May Cry series such as weapon switching, combos, character design and puzzles. Some of the attacks of the game are based on their original counterpart frame by frame. While most of the game seems to take Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening as its base, a trailer came out at the beginning of December 2019, confirming that the game will feature locations similar to those from Devil May Cry 4, and even DmC: Devil May Cry, with Phantom from Devil May Cry and Beowulf from Devil May Cry 3 being confirmed as bosses, and another trailer that came this time during the middle of December 2019, confirmed Nevan as a boss in the game, and Vergil as a playable character.
As of June 2018, 204,768 people have entered for the game's beta.
In 2019, to coincide with the release of Devil May Cry 5, Yunchang Game released new images of the game, noting that they were "in-development game images", as opposed to using the Chinese word for "screenshot".
First closed beta test was held during December 17–19, 2019.
Second closed beta test was held during July 23–30, 2020.
Third closed beta test was held during January 7–14, 2021.
Final closed beta test was held during March 25–April 1, 2021.
The game was featured in the April 20, 2021 Apple Event. Additionally, the new international names for both the game and developer company were announced – “Devil May Cry: Peak of Combat” and “NebulaJoy”, respectively.
Open beta test was launched in China on June 11, 2021.
On June 16 NebulaJoy announced on Twitter they're working on English and other languages localizations of the game (although the post have soon been deleted).
The gameplay of Devil May Cry: Peak of Combat follows closely to its PC/Console combat counterparts while simplifying some of functions due to limited screen space. Players navigate their way through massive levels while slaying demons, emphasis is placed on the methods used to deal with enemies, in the form of a Stylish Rank. Players can rank up Style points by defeating enemies with different skills and weapons, varying one's attacks further increases the gauge, while using the same move repeatedly will lower and stop the letter ranking until another style is used. Players can also dodge and taunt to increase their stylish ranking.
Feature differences compared to PC/Consoles
Several features in DMC PoC are either simplified, missing or unavailable compared to PC/Consoles counterparts:
- Characters can only have up to 4 weapons.
- There is no Automatic Mode, but aim assist is supported.
- Some weapon categories are not available.
- Dante has only 2 styles: Trickster and Royalguard.
- Vergil missing his own Devil Trigger form.
Each character can have up to 4 weapons, 2 primary and 2 secondary. Each weapon has different stats and may provide different skills.
All weapons come with Primary Physical damage and Secondary Elemental damage.
- Possible secondary elemental damage: Physical (% increase), Fire, Ice, Thunder and Dark damage.
- Each obtained Legendary weapon will unlock extra movesets that is impossible to unlock with Red Orbs.
Weapon upgrading allows character to deal more damage to enemies, possible upgrades include:
- Injection – costs Red Orbs and can only increase Primary damage
- Forging – requires various materials and results in weapon changing appearance, increases Primary damage and unlocks extra skills for weapons. Forging can be applied to each weapon 2 times maximum.
- Refine – costs stones dropped from dupe weapons, each time refining a weapon will increase all weapon stats including locked skills.
- Applying Magic Cards to increase small amount of damage and provide a unique skill depending on card used.
Signature weapon skins
It is possible to unlock signature weapon skins and apply them on any weapon in the same category. Possible signature skins appeared in the game:
- Rebellion: Unlockable after complete Main story Chapter 2
- Coyote-A: Dante's variant of shotgun, unlockable after complete Main story Chapter 4
- Ebony & Ivory: Unlockable after complete Bloody Palace floor 60
- Agni & Rudra: Unlockable after complete Bloody Palace floor 101
- Bounty Hunter: Unlockable after complete Main story Chapter 7
- Kalina Ann: Unlockable after complete Main story Chapter 10
- Fire Ant: Lady's variant of shotgun, unlockable after complete Bloody Palace floor 60
- Christmas Boy: Lady's Skorpion gun with bayonet, unlockable after complete Bloody Palace floor 101
- Yamato: Obtaining Vergil during first Vergil's limited event.
Each characters have 6 default stats and these are not shared between characters.
- Health Points: Each HP bar provides 100 HP, maximum 20 bars (2000 HP).
- Mana Gauge (Burst Gauge for Lady): Each MG/BG provides 100 points, up to 15 bars (1500 points).
- Power: Each bar increases 1.5% weapon damage, up to 20 bars (30% weapon damage increase).
- Physique: Each bar reduces 1.5% damage receive, up to 20 bars (30% damage reduction).
- Critical: Each upgrade increases 2% Crit Chance.
- Critical Damage: Each upgrade increases 3% Crit Damage.
- Dante's Anger: Each bar increases 100 Anger points for Royalguard, up to 12 bars (1200 points).
Unlike other games in the series, characters don't own signature weapons, so their movesets are shared between weapons in the same weapon category.
- Most of movesets can be unlocked with Red Orbs.
- Hidden movesets can only be unlocked through obtaining Legendary weapons.
The game by default possessing 2 enemy difficulty modes: Easy and Hard. Easy is the default difficulty for new players and Hard mode increase enemy's awareness and damage dealt to characters, red orbs rewards are boosted by 30%.
Memory Corridor is the replayable game mode of main story, comes with 2 stage difficulty: Son of Sparda and Dante Must Die.
- Enemy difficulty mode is applied to this game mode.
- Dante Must Die stage difficulty can be only unlocked after finishes lower stage difficulty.
Vergil's Soul Realm
In Vergil's limited event, Soul Realm, this event have 3 difficulties: Easy, Normal and Hard. Easy mode gives 20 Diamonds, Normal gives 1000 Silver and Hard mode gives 5000 Red orbs.
- Current used character stat upgrades are carried to Vergil in this event.
- Clearing at higher difficulty also gives rewards of lower difficulties.
- Dante – Default character.
- Lady – Unlocked after completing Chapter 1.
- Vergil – Unlockable through special gacha pool or buying him for 50 stones from the same gacha pool.
- Hell Pride
- Blood Pride
- Hell Vanguard
- Fallen Priest
- Devil Choir/Demonochorus
- Troll Fire
- Silver Knight
- Devil May Cry: Peak of Combat is the only game which doesn't have Automatic Mode, instead, auto lock are used to assist players having difficulty at aiming enemies.