The Devil May Cry 3 Trial Ver. is a demo of the original version of Devil May Cry 3. It came with Japanese copies of Resident Evil Outbreak File #2 when it was released on the PlayStation 2 in 2004.[excerpt 1]
Only two Missions are playable in the demo, being Mission 01: A crazy party and a mixture of Mission 02: The blood link and Mission 03: The Devils' tower. Because this is a demo of the original version of the game, only Dante is playable.
- The image displayed at the mission start screen is different for both playable missions.
- Going to the "Customize" screen only brings up the Style select menu.
- The Royalguard Style cannot be selected, but it's possible to see it in the menu.
- Dante's hair and coat have physics.
- The Rebellion has a Quick Drive move, similar to the one present in Devil May Cry 4.
- Using the Sword Pierce with Rebellion would result in Dante using Beowulf's moves, instead of the one kick move in the final version.
- Wild Stomp is not tied to the Gunslinger Style.
- Dante's "Come and get me!" voice line tied to his Taunt is different.
- The end rank screen of a mission is slightly different than in the final version.
- There is no Hell Vanguard in the demo.
- The Break out cutscene does not play when Mission 02 is started. Instead, there is a brief in-game scene that shows the enemies spawning and then a pan shot aimed towards the Temen-ni-gru.
- Unlike in the Final version, the door to Dante's Office is not covered in debris and the player can enter it after clearing Mission 1. However, no enemy will spawn and there is no item to be found inside.
- After the Cerberus is defeated and the cutscene where Dante obtained the Cerberus Devil Arm finished playing, it cut immediately to the Mission Result screen. Afterward, there is a cutscene that shows Dante entering the Temen-ni-gru, this cutscene is absent in the final game.
- The Mission Result screen always shows Dante using the Trickster Style, regardless of the player's choice.
- Unlike in the final version, the mission ends after defeating Cerberus and the player is not allowed the movement to test out the new Devil Arm.
- Continuing from the point above, it is unknown whether the weapon data for Cerberus already exists on the game's disc and simply inaccessible to the player (with a complete moveset or not), or that Cerberus was only available as a cutscene model.
- カプコンは7月16日，PS2用サバイバルホラー「バイオハザード アウトブレイク FILE 2」（9月9日発売予定）の先着特典として，「デビルメイクライ 3」（写真）の体験版が付くことを発表した。
|Devil May Cry demos|
|Devil May Cry Trial Edition - Devil May Cry 2 2002 TRIAL ver. - Devil May Cry 3 Trial Ver. - Devil May Cry 4 2008 TRIAL Ver. - DmC: Devil May Cry - Downloadable Demo - Devil May Cry 5 Xbox Exclusive Demo - Devil May Cry 5 Demo|