The Devil May Cry 3 Trial Ver. is a demo of the original version of Devil May Cry 3. It came with Japanese copies of Resident Evil Outbreak File #2 when it was released on the PlayStation 2 in 2004.[excerpt 1]
Only two Missions are playable in the demo, being Mission 01: A crazy party and a mixture of Mission 02: The blood link and Mission 03: The Devils' tower. Because this is a demo of the original version of the game, only Dante is playable.
- The image displayed at the mission start screen is different for both playable missions.
- Going to the "Customize" screen only brings up the Style select menu.
- The Royalguard Style cannot be selected, but it's possible to see it in the menu.
- Dante's hair and coat have physics.
- The Rebellion has a Quick Drive move, similar to the one present in Devil May Cry 4.
- Using the Sword Pierce with Rebellion would result in Dante using the Beowulf's moves, instead of the one kick move in the final version.
- Wild Stomp is not tied to the Gunslinger Style.
- Dante's "Come and get me!" voice line tied to his Taunt is different.
- The end rank screen of a mission is slightly different than in the final version.
- There is no Hell Vanguard in the demo.
- The Break out cutscene does not play when Mission 02 is started, instead there is a brief in-game scene that shows the enemies spawning and then a pan shot aimed towards the Temen-ni-gru.
- After the Cerberus is defeated, there is a cutscene that shows Dante entering the Temen-ni-gru, this cutscene is absent in the final game.
- ↑ カプコンは7月16日，PS2用サバイバルホラー「バイオハザード アウトブレイク FILE 2」（9月9日発売予定）の先着特典として，「デビルメイクライ 3」（写真）の体験版が付くことを発表した。
|Devil May Cry demos|
|Devil May Cry Trial Edition - Devil May Cry 2 2002 TRIAL ver. - Devil May Cry 3 Trial Ver. - Devil May Cry 4 2008 TRIAL Ver. - DmC: Devil May Cry - Downloadable Demo - Devil May Cry 5 Xbox Exclusive Demo - Devil May Cry 5 Demo|