The Doppelganger Style is a shadow-controlling style appearing in Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening which is obtained from Doppelganger the Deathvoid. It allows Dante to create copies of himself to assist in battle, thus allowing him to experiment with different tactics and combos.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
While using After-image, the Doppelganger consumes the Devil Trigger Gauge as if Dante was in Devil Trigger; this also prevents him from using Devil Trigger for himself. Due to a bug, it is possible to keep After-image from deactivating even after the gauge depletes by continuously attacking or jumping. The Doppelganger wields the Devil Arm and firearm Dante had equipped when it was created, and performs whichever commands the player inputs for Dante even if Dante switches to different weapons after performing After-image. Furthermore, although it is not called out by the game itself, it is possible for a player using a second controller to take over the Doppelganger and control it independently of the first player by pressing while After-image is active, akin to the controls during the battle of Dante and Vergil against Arkham in Mission 19.
Movesets[edit | edit source]
Standard[edit | edit source]
Unnamed[edit | edit source]
Background[edit | edit source]
A Doppelgänger (Deu: double walker) is a ghostly double of a living person, often considered an omen of one's death. They are said to cast no shadow and have no reflection, and are supposed to provide advice to the person they resemble, though this advice is often misleading or malicious.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The cutscene in which Dante received Doppelganger and the Style select menu show both Dante and the Doppelganger in human form, but in-game they are both in demon form.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Vergil's Doppelganger in DmC: Devil May Cry
- Vergil's Doppelganger in Devil May Cry 5 and its Special Edition
References[edit | edit source]
- Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening, Style File — Doppelganger: "Style that allows the player to control shadows, effectively creating copies of himself to assist in battle."
- Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening, Doppelganger Style: "Special power used by the Doppelganger enemy. This Style gives you more freedom in battle to try out different tactics and combos."