Gerbera is a green and black Devil Breaker arm with a forearm made of diagonal slat segments. An emitter is present in the palm of the hand, which closes up when not in use. When in its fully deployed state, the forearm unfolds into a circular focusing array.
Gerbera GP01 is a red and white Devil Breaker arm with a forearm made of diagonal slat segments. An emitter is present in the palm of the hand, which closes up when not in use. When in its fully deployed state, the forearm unfolds into a circular focusing array.
- Devil May Cry 5 promo site, Character - Nero
- A Devil Breaker that launchers shockwaves from its petal-shaped complex reverberatory furnace. The recoil can be used for instantaneous movement, and converging the shockwaves makes it fire a high-output energy beam. Beautiful design belies tremendous firepower.
- Nico's Weapon Report - Gerbera
- I thought up this beauty while gazing at a bed of flowers— African daisies, to be precise. What? Can't a girl have a little grace in her gear box!?
- The petal-shaped parts act as a complex reverberatory furnace. That furnace generates an intense heat that can be shot out as a shockwave.
- And that shockwave ain't no one- trick pony, lemme tell ya. Attack, defense, even movement—this baby can do it all!
- この作品は、ガーベラの花を眺めて いた時にアイデアが浮かんだ。私にも花を 愛 (め) でるくらいの乙女心は 残ってるんだよ。おかしいか？
- 花びら状の器官は複合式反射炉だ。この炉によって生み出された熱量を 衝撃波に変換して射出できるのが、この作品の特徴と言えるだろう。
- 衝撃波の用途は多彩だ。移動に良し、攻撃に良し、防御にも 使えない事はないぞ。
- Nico's Weapon Report - Gerbera GP01 - inaccessible in-game[note 1]
- This bad boy's something else. I upgraded the Gerbera at the request of another legendary artisan, Kawamori.
- This guy has a flair for flash, let me tell ya. The color scheme was all his idea.
- Something like this doesn't come along every day. You best treat it with respect.
- これは素晴らしい逸品だぞ。カワモリという伝説の職人に依頼し ガーベラを強化して 貰 (もら) った。
Gerbera is unlocked by default, but can only be equipped after the store becomes available at the start of Mission 02: Qliphoth. Following this, Gerberas will spawn randomly in missions along with other Devil Breakers, and can be purchased in the store for 500 . Gerbera GP01 is only available if the player has purchased the relevant DLC: if so, it can spawn as early as Mission 01: Nero. It also costs 500 in the store.
Gerbera's Jocky makes it the ideal Devil Breaker for defense and agility. Jocky has two distinct functions: the first is a "palm blast" like a smaller and weaker version of Overture's normal attack, which is performed by pressing the Devil Breaker button with the movement stick neutral. This is weaker than Overture's attack, but can still negate attacks, break enemy guards and knock enemies down.
With the analog stick tilted in a direction, the blast will instead propel Nero diagonally upwards in that direction. This counts as an attack, with Nero able to scatter weak enemies by blasting into them. On the ground it will propel Nero into the air. There is a short pause between uses, but Gerbera is not subject to the usual "one air move per jump" limitation, and with proper timing can be used to extend a jump more or less infinitely without losing height.
Gerbera's ground-based Break Age, Stamen Ray, fires a powerful continuous laser beam that deals constant damage. While firing, gameplay changes to an over-the-shoulder view, allowing the player to manually aim for the duration of the blast: this is controlled with the movement stick, and the control is not affected by inverting the vertical camera controls. Nero, however, is stationary during this attack so it is best used when there are no enemies behind him. Gerbera's mid-air Break Age, Petal Ray, fires many ricocheting lasers that bounce multiple times and is most effective in smaller spaces.
The GP01 version differs a little in how it handles: specifically, when used with the movement stick neutral, GP01 will instead propel Nero into the air vertically if he is on the ground, or down to the ground if he is in the air. The ground move will pull lighter enemies up into the air. The functionality with the stick tilted and Break Age moves are identical. Like all DLC weapons, it cannot be equipped in Bloody Palace mode.
|Action||Command (PS4)||Command (PC)||Command (XONE)||Description|
|Jocky||/Any Direction+||/Any Direction+||Release a shockwave from the palm of the Gerbera. This attack can negate or reflect enemy projectiles. Pressing the Devil Breaker button will attack in front of you. Holding the analogue stick will change the shockwave into thrust to move around.|
|Stamen Ray||Press and hold until Gerbera sparks||Press and hold until Gerbera sparks||Unleash a powerful blast.|
|Petal Ray||Press and hold until Gerbera sparks (midair)||Press and hold until Gerbera sparks (midair)||Gather shockwaves in your fingertips for a more penetrating laser. Ricochets off of walls and floors around you.|
- Gerbera is a flower, specifically a large species of daisy.
- Gerbera GP01 is a reference to past works by Shoji Kawamori (who designed all the other Devil Breakers), namely the GP01 Zephyranthes, featured in Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory.
- Its name is a reference to not only the GP01 Zephyranthes, but also the GP04 Gundam Gerbera/AGX-04 Gerbera Tetra (albeit not a creation of his) from Stardust Memory as well.
- It is also worth noting that the Stamen Ray attack, which references part of a flower, could also be considered a reference to the GP03S Gundam Dendrobium Stamen, also from 0083, though it was also not one of Kawamori's designs.
- Gerbera is one of the Devil Breakers featured on Nero's Kotobukiya figure.
- ↑ The file can be found by extracting the game's files on PC