|I should have been the one to fill your dark soul with liiiiiiiiiiight!|
|This article is a stub and is missing information. You can help the Devil May Cry wiki by expanding it.|
Griffon is an avian demon roughly the size of a hawk with a dark blue plumage. His eyes have three golden pupils each, and his beak is unique in that it is several beaks in a mandible configuration. He specializes in ranged attacks, though he is also capable of close-range moves. V can use Griffon to double jump, or glide with him, though the gliding only last for a few seconds before V starts falling again.
Griffon is an extremely talkative, foul-mouthed, and wisecracking bird who constantly insults other characters or makes digs at their expense. While not above playfully teasing V and playing pranks on him, Griffon constantly worries about V's health throughout the game and usually tries to talk him out of fighting when he doesn't have to.
Though loyal to both V and Vergil, all three familiars recognize their continued existence will only bring him pain, so once they have outlived their usefulness, they intercepted and attacked Dante, forcing him to kill them.
- Devil May Cry 5 promo site
- The Familiars
- Shadow & Griffon
- V's combat potential is practically nonexistent, so he relies on these demons to lay waste to his foes—Shadow for close combat, and Griffon for ranged attacks. Once these two lay on enough pain, it's up to V to put his enemies to rest with his trusty cane.
- The avian monstrosity can always be found somewhere around V, usually flapping its beak with some inappropriate jab. Griffon brings the thunder with electrified long-range attacks, or can give V a lift if close by.
- Nico's Character Report - Griffon
- One of the demons V has at his beck and call.
- Apparently this chatty bird-thing specializes in shock and awe— it hits everything with lightning strikes.
- Now, my demonology texts show some references to a demon just like this one, but it was defeated by Dante years ago.
- Just a coincidence, I guess... I sure as heck can't find out anything more about this pecker.
Griffon is one of V's Passive skills, when a member of V's party deals damage with a Regular Attack, Griffon will inflict Almighty (Mag) damage 4 times on random enemies. Griffon's animations are taken from Devil May Cry 5, and when he attacks, he always says his voice line "All right it's my turn now!".
- If you hold the Shoot button outside of a fight and while Griffon is not yet summoned, he will perch on V's arm until the button is released. He even has a couple of idle animations in this state, preening himself or ruffling his wings.
- Griffon's theme (Grilled Tandoori Smoke) when Dante fights him in Mission 18 is a remix of Griffon's theme (FLOCK OFF!) in Devil May Cry.