|I should have been the one to fill your dark soul with liiiiiiiiiiight!|
|This article is a stub and is missing information. You can help the Devil May Cry wiki by expanding it.|
|Good grief... They really made a big mess, didn't they?|
|This article can be improved in areas such as grammar, style, wiki-formatting and even spelling. You can help the Devil May Cry wiki by|
The Msiras are low-ranked, cowardly simian-like demons encountered in Devil May Cry 2. They are the avatars of savagery and greed, and are the mutated forms of people who have been consumed by evil. They may look timid and each of them never act outside of a group, but they are actually very strong and are fierce by nature. There are four types of Msira: a regular Msira, Homromsira, Gbusmsira and Jomothumsira. Each of them has different styles of fighting and have different elements.
Looks timid, but do not forget they are the avatar of savagery and greed.
This type of Msira appears to have small amounts of smoke ejecting from its back.
Its unhallowed flame represents the burning desire its victims once had.
This type of Msira called Homromsira is easily distinguishable by the ability to spit fireballs and the flame on its back along with it being orange in color.
Its ill-natured resentment has generated a deadly venom.
This type of Msira called Gbusmsira can stand on two legs. However, unlike the others, it has nothing on its back. It is only distinguishable from the other types when it spits its venom.
Always under the influence of the evil environment, they are stronger than the ones living in the human world.
This type of Msira called Jomothumsira has a more elongated skull and its body is covered with dark smoke: this smoke acts as some kind of aura that damage Dante or Lucia when they are near it. It can also stand on its two hind legs. They always appear only within the Demon World, because of this, they are more powerful than the other types of Msira.
Msira takes its name from Old Japanese word ましら (?) meaning "monkey". Others' names are broken combinations of previous with Old Japanese words: Gbusmsira - with ぶす ( busu?) - "poison", Homromsira - with ほむら ( homura?) - "flame", and Jomothumsira - with よもつくに ( yomotsukuni?) meaning "other world".mashira
- ↑ Devil May Cry 3142 Graphic Arts,page 170: "Long ago, humans who breathed in demonic air were transformed into these creatures."
- ↑ Devil May Cry 2, Enemy File — Msira: "Looks timid, but do not forget they are the avatar of savagery and greed."
- ↑ Devil May Cry 2, Enemy File — Homromsira: "Its unhallowed flame represents the burning desire its victim once had."
- ↑ Devil May Cry 2, Enemy File — Gbusmsira: "Its ill-natured resentment has generated a deadly venom."
- ↑ Devil May Cry 2, Enemy File — Jomothumsira: "Always under the influence of the evil environment, they are stronger than the ones living in the human world."