Nico creates Ragtime from a chunk of demonic material recovered by V after he defeats Elder Geryon Knight. It is a complicated mechanical hand in primarily black, silver and gold, with a large triangular band around the wrist and various gears on the forearm. A glowing numeric display is located on the back of the hand.
When in use, it unfolds to form a large clock face around the wrist, with the various gears taking up positions around the main circle. A glowing blue clock hand appears within it.
- Devil May Cry 5 promo site, Character - Nero
- This arm was crafted from special materials obtained from a powerful foe. Creates special force fields that warp and slow the flow of time for all within them. Convenient for taking on multiple foes at once, the utility of this Devil Breaker varies based on your play style.
- Nico's Weapon Report - Ragtime
- Bending the laws of time and space is a hell of a feat, even for someone as awesome as me. But thanks to this Geryon chunk V bought back, I've done it - I've weaponized time itself!
- Great, ain't it? AMAZING, aren't I??
- This'll stop even the peskiest demon in its tracks...! Until it wears off, anyway.
- Man, processing that material takes some fancy handiwork. I can't make a bunch of these, so use it wisely...and I DO mean WISELY, m'kay?
Ragtime is unlocked at the start of Mission 07: United Front. Following this, Ragtimes will spawn randomly in missions along with other Devil Breakers. Despite Nico's statement in the Devil Breaker's file, she can make any number of Ragtimes: rather, her statement reflects it being in the second most expensive price band for Devil Breakers at 2000 , the same as the DLC Pasta Breaker with only the Buster Arm and DLC Sweet Surrender being more expensive.
Ragtime is a utility device that is incapable of dealing damage outside of using its Break Away move. It can be used to briefly take enemies out of a fight or deal damage for a brief period without risk, or to extend an enemy's vulnerable state to allow for the use of the Buster Arm or Buster. It is well-suited to a no-damage level run, particularly since it can be used as an "emergency stop" if the Break Age is kept ready. With proper timing, it is also useful against highly evasive enemies such as the Hell Judecca or Fury.
The normal fire mode fires either straight ahead or towards the nearest enemy: on impact or after it travels a short distance, a "time sphere" will appear. This sphere will slow down anything caught inside it, including Nero himself if he walks into it. Inside the sphere all actions are slowed, including enemies falling in mid-air. The sphere does not last long before it dissipates, and will collapse immediately if a large enemy touches it. Only one sphere can be placed at a time.
The Break Age move, Slow World, is very similar to previous powers of this type in the series (Bangle of Time. Chrono Heart, Quicksilver Style) but functions most like a portable version of the Devil May Cry 4 Chrono Slicer, being of fixed duration and not running on the Devil Trigger gauge. It does not slow Nero's movement and affects all enemies, including bosses.
With both functions, if a projectile is in mid-flight inside the field when the effect ends, it will deal increased damage to anything it hits.
- "Elder Geryon Type" is written on the knuckle-side edge of the numeric display on the back of Ragtime's hand.