Promote the older games... Boycott the new DMC by Ninja Theory Edit
I've actually thought of something for anyone who would rather they not change the Devil May Cry franchise. We are in a unique position thanks to Capcom, where we can show them if we prefer the older games to the newer one developed by Ninja Theory. Think of it as a boycott that will lower the sales of the newer DMC game. Anyone who wants the game should, if possible, try to buy it used. Buying used copies will not help the sales of the game, thus it will not sell very well. Also, those who feel so inclined to buy the HD Collection of the original three titles should buy only new copies, if possible, in order to boost its sales. If the HD Collection sells better than the newer game, then it will be a clear message that the fans do not approve of the changes, and perfer the original titles.220.127.116.11 20:13, February 23, 2012 (UTC)
- Or how about suck it up? Your plan is also flawed because for every used sale, there has to be a new sale to have traded it in. People wil buy DmC because they want to, and because they might like it. People will buy the HD Collection because it's a great deal (three full games for $40? Why the hell not?), and because they might never have played the originals before. I'm buying both, because I want to get that sweet HD deal, and because I want to continue to suppor the industry, and show with my money that gamers don't want things to continue to be as stale as they have been for the past few years.
- It's also silly to come to a wiki for "boycott" support when the definition of a wiki is the be unbiased.
- There's also a fact that Capcom clearly doesn't care about its fans, or listen to what they think about their current business decisions.
- Lastly, DmC is not a "change to the DMC franchise." It is a wholly different franchise of its own, developed by a completely different developer, with a completely different direction. That's why it was never called "Devil May Cry 5," and has little to nothing to do with the established Devil May Cry series. Derekoe|Hot-blooded God of Guns| 21:07, February 23, 2012 (UTC)
- Typical response by a whiny crybabies. Grow up and get over it: Just because something is different doesn't mean it's bad. Open your mind to the possibility that someone else might have a different vision than you, and that that doesn't make it wrong. You might find you'll actually enjoy the game in spite of yourself. --Anobi 05:28, February 24, 2012 (UTC)