Teppen was being developed since at least 2017. Capcom Executive Producer Ryozo Tsujimoto was a fan of Puzzles & Dragons, a game developed by GungHo, and so he wanted to get in touch with the company. He met GungHo CEO Kazuki Morishita and while at first their meetings weren't about making a new game, eventually the idea came to mind and Morishita stated that he'd like to have multiple Capcom IPs in the game. As GungHo had a high amount of experience in the mobile market, it was the perfect choice for Capcom as they wanted to make Teppen a mobile game.
The game released on the 4th of July, 2019, but only in the United States, Canada, England, France, Italy, Germany, and Spain with information on additional releases to be revealed at a later date. On August 5, 2019, Teppen was released in Japan, Australia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Singapore, and Thailand alongside Jill Valentine being added as a new Hero.
Teppen is comprised of two main modes: Solo Play, where players can experience a Hero's story or play practice matches against the CPU, and online Ranked Matches where players battle against one another. A Grand Prix mode is also available, but it is playable only for a limited time, where elimination battles are available.
In the game, a "Hero" must be selected (one of them being Dante), and a deck of 30 cards can then be created which can include "unit" and "action" cards, only one Hero can be selected at a time, and each Hero has different Hero Arts (special abilities) that can be set onto the deck. All Heroes have a total of three abilities, one is always unlocked by default, while the other two must be unlocked by leveling up that Hero.
The game is free for download but there are in-app purchases, however, the premium currency in question (Jewel) can be aquired in-game through tutorials, in-game rewards, events, etc.
Manually changing the time settings on the mobile device may result in the game data becoming corrupted, if this happens, all in-game purchases will be lost, alongside any game progress.
Dante fights the following opponents during his story: Morrigan, X and Chun-Li.
As Dante is on his usual demon-hunting gig, he encounters Morrigan and decides to fight against the demon. Dante activates his Devil Trigger, but he noticed a child got caught in the cross-fire. Dante takes his focus off of Morrigan in order to save the little girl from a crumbling wall. Afterwards, Dante searches for Morrigan, but it was too late as she had taken the form of a human.
As he had realized it and was about to strike Morrigan, X gets in the way in order to protect Morrigan which starts their fight. After the battle ended, Dante resumed his search for Morrigan. However, a shady-looking woman appears and speaks to Dante, as she has done so, Dante gave an uncharacteristic grimace.
The two of them could see Chun-Li running off in the distance, and Dante ends up blocking her way which leads to their battle. In the end, the words the woman had spoken were "Mundus", it is stated that Mundus is the reason why Dante fights, and when the strange lady invites him to go to the Land of Illusion, he immediately accepts, stating "If there's a party going down in the Land of Illusion. I'll be damned if I'm not the guest of honor."
In the story mode of the characters Dante fights, it is revealed that:
- Morrigan wanted to avoid the political duties that were inherited to her from her adoptive father, and so she went in search of something "stimulating", which made her want to battle Dante.
- Morrigan wondered why Dante stopped attacking her after activating his Devil Trigger, instead, he flew towards an avalanche of debris, when he emerged, he had a child in his arms. She was intrigued over Dante using the strength of hell to save a human child.
- X had just woken up from a sleep that took eons, but his principle remained: protect humans. X moved from the ruins he had woken up to a more populated area, he analyzed his surrounding location and found a town that was being attacked by a demon.
- X scanned the target and the results showed that it was both human and demon, which shocked him. Robots must protect and never harm humans, what should he do...? He raised his X-Buster, his mind filled with doubt.
- X managed to bring the fight to a remote forest, which saved the town from any further damage.
- The reason why Chun-Li was seen running by Dante was because she was chasing off a possessed Ryu.
- Dante deliberately fell down a tree in order to block Chun-Li's path.
At the end of all stories in the game, the mysterious woman always appears and mentions the "Land of Illusion" location to whichever character was being played.
- DANTE - Devil May Cry
- An audacious devil hunter who fronts as a mercenary. The wheels of destiny have started turning for this egotistical man, trying to warp his fate once again.
|#01. Quicksilver||Inflicts <Slow> and Counterbind to all enemy units.|
|#02. Ebony & Ivory||Enables all friendly units to trigger Resonate twice.
(Resonate will trigger twice instead of once when an Action Card is used.)
|#03. Devil Trigger||Take no damage for 10 seconds.|
NOTE: Card stats are taken from the the time of their implementation, these are subject to change in the future.
Basic Cards 2019Edit
The following is acquired by completing Ryu's story.
No. RYU 004
The following is acquired by completing Rathalos' story.
No. RATHALOS 003
The following is acquired by completing X's story.
No. X 004
The following are acquired by completing Dante's story.
No. DANTE 007
No. DANTE 008
No. DANTE 005
No. DANTE 001
No. DANTE 0013
No. DANTE 0012
No. DANTE 009
No. DANTE 0010
No. DANTE 0011
The following is acquired by completing Albert Wesker's story.
No. WESKER 001
The following is acquired by completing Nergigante's story.
No. NERGIGANTE 004
Core Card PackEdit
No. COR 024
No. COR 065
No. COR 080
|Devil Hunter Dante|
No. COR 116
No. COR 114
No. COR 107
|5th Hell: Greed|
No. COR 108
No. COR 096
|7th Hell: Lust|
No. COR 097
|1st Hell: Pride|
No. COR 098
No. COR 099
No. COR 100
No. COR 134
No. COR 133
No. COR 129
No. COR 119
No. COR 145
No. COR 146
No. COR 154
No. COR 180
|Deal With the Devil|
No. COR 172
No. COR 164
During the month the game released, it reached the #3 spot in the card game category in the App Store. It had a 4.6/5 star rating out of 1.3K votes. At Google Play, the game had been installed 100.000+ times by the 10th of July, just six days after it was released, the game had a 4.1/5 star rating out of 4K votes.
- When Dante uses Quicksilver, he says "Stand still!", which is the same line he says when using the Quicksilver Style in Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening.
- While Dante's design is based on his Devil May Cry 4 look, Lady and Vergil both have their designs based on their Devil May Cry 3 iterations.
- In the Jackpot! card, the Devil May Cry logo inside the shop is purple, when it has always been red throughout all games.
- Official Website
- Download TEPPEN free at App Store
- Download TEPPEN free at Google Play
- Application User Agreement
- PlayTeppen on Twitch
- PlayTeppen on YouTube
- PlayTeppen on Instagram
- PlayTeppen on Facebook
- PlayTeppen on Twitter
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 CAPCOM | Capcom and GungHo Launch Co-Developed Title TEPPEN!
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 PlayTEPPEN on Twitter: "TEPPEN is now available in 11 more countries including Japan, Australia, Hong Kong, and more. Oh, and we extended the free Core packs offer to 9/1 for first time players! Download today to join the Ultimate Card Battle. https://t.co/pgcjNMVdkN #TEPPEN #Capcom #GungHo… https://t.co/12xbfgHGcC" .
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 TEPPEN on the App Store
- ↑ TEPPEN -Official Site-
- ↑ Anime Expo 2019 GungHo & Capcom Interview: The Debut of TEPPEN
- ↑ https://twitter.com/PlayTeppen/status/1146867087450574848
- ↑ GungHo Announces TEPPEN Global Expansion into Asia, Jill Valentine Addition to All-Star Hero Roster, World Championship Plans Underway
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 TEPPEN – Apps at Google Play
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 FAQ | TEPPEN -Official Site-
- ↑ Glossary | TEPPEN -Official Site-
- ↑ DANTE | TEPPEN -Official Site-