FANDOM


  • Rebellion is a cool sword, but there is a problem: dantes alastor is electrically atuned! He gave her sparda. She has electrokinesis. She sould have gotten alstor!

      Loading editor
    • Maybe Trish just prefered Sparda as it is more powerful? Not just because Alastor shares her lightning theme means she must like the weapon, otherwise the only two weapons Trish would ever use would be Alastor and Nevan...

        Loading editor
    • Also, whats the point of adding a lightning weapon toy our arsenal when you already have lightning powers. It's a little redundant.

        Loading editor
    • Because it being lighting, she could control it better. Her not using nevan is fine because she already has elctrokinesis and dante presumably cant control lighting or flat out demonic energy without turning into a demon. He can turn into sparda with his sword. (not that he can turn into sparda anyway, as the costumes can protest, but still) And your logic is that she sould stay away from lighting weapons because she has electrokinesis. That like saying if they gave magneto or jean grey a sword, it should be plastic for the former, and immune to psionic manipulation for the later. I can understand using other weapons for electric immue foes, but she has luce and ombra.

        Loading editor
    • She does't use it simply because its an ability in her moveset. Would it give her bigger lightning? Sure, but Sparda would do that as well. I'm not saying she should avoid elecric weapons, i'm saying she she already has lightning powers and that she isn't looking for more.

      Guns are actually kinda weak. Thats why she either infuses them with lightning or just shoots.

      Your analogy fails in that i'm not saying Magneto shouldn't have a metal sword. I'm saying that he shouldn't bother with a sword that gives him magnetism abilities, Jean Grey shouldn't bother with a device that grants psionic immunity if she is already capable of it.

      Dante can control his energy/weapon elements out of DT to some degree.

      Costumes are non-canon. What their DT shows doesn't matter.

        Loading editor
    • Sparda give her lighting? Thats a lie! Whatim trying to say is that alastor might have made her stronger because it has a lighting spirit. Also, they nevr get into detail of how powerful her control over lighting was, (heh, gameplay certainly suggest that the only advatage she had over cole mcgrath was that she could regenerate it. this is just a joke, plz dont say anything about his) In general, being able to control something is usually pretty high, and getting more powerful in it means your ability to control it gets better, and you can soon reach out to control almost anything that has to do with your control. In other words, she might be able to use drie with alastor because it is lightning attuned. Dantes rebellion is demonic magic attuned, so he can use energy to make a drive as such. She may not be looking for more power, but she could be looking for more moves. Also, in addition to the cutscenes suggesting otherwise, her guns do temendus damage. Also, costumes sre not non cannon. First of all, in dmc3, his pants costume was obviously right there, and at the end, his dmc1 costume is donned.

        Loading editor
    • That and Im trying to say that magneto, or pheonix shouod not use a weapon they cant control with their powers. Eben better, thats like if dante use a holy/divine gun. Something tells me that demonic energy being channeled theough it would either hurt him, of make the weapon explode. When getting weapons you want ones that will be able to complement your own powers. Why do you think wizards use staffs? I can understand non atunned weapons on the side, like gandalfs sword. (or odin's sword) but this is her main weapon.

        Loading editor
    • No one said Sparda gave her lightning. Its just an overall stronger weapon. She can obviously control that just fine. She also seems not to be looking for just lightning attacks, she likes diversity in her repertoire. Just because she has lightning doesnt mean everything she does has to involve lightning.

      In the end Sparda is a better weapon for her, it expands her moveset AND is stronger.

      No, duh cutscene costumes are canon. Unlockable/Super costumes are non-canon.

        Loading editor
    • Just because sparda is a stronger weapon does not mean alastor wont turn her into a powerhouse puts cole to shame. It not the power of a weapon that counts, its how it reacts to you that does. Dante could turn into his dad via the sword (And yet arkham could do it without the awakenedblade or the amulet!? Ugh!) Alastor might increase her output because its lightning. Also, there is no indocation that dante is super in the cutscenes and the meter is a mechanic so the game is not too easy

        Loading editor
    • In other words. Spardas power is at its zenith when used by dante, so whose to say alastor might work better for her to the point of doing the same stuff dante could do in the final boss, like the extended blade? Also, it does not give her an expanded move set. It just gives it extra flavor, like the spininng sytche for round trivp or the spear for stinger. You can't say that she  should use sparda because its stronger when alastor can power her up beyound that because of how it might react to her. Also, another reason is so that they can keep sparda in the series since force edge was a cool weapon until they retconed it.

        Loading editor
    • Oh and by the way, in dmc2, considering ifrit is nowhere to be seen, she seems to have pyrokineis anyway (dont ask) When I pick my reprite, im suiting up with the weapons that suplements my characters powers perfectly.

        Loading editor
    • Standard Sparda hits as hard as DT Alastor.

      Arkham did have both Amulets.

      Trish uses the sword a lot. It expands her moveset. Go check the combos. Variety is the spice of life. Trish seems to agree. Besides, lets say Alastor has +6 stat, +9 in DT, that means Sparda is +9 all the time. Its the stronger weapon, its the more effective weapon.

      Force Edge was retconned when?

      Her DMC2 appearence is non-canon.

      Super costume is non-canon otherwise Dante would always be DT. Vergil doesn't stay in DT forever therefore, they have a limited time in DT.

        Loading editor
    • sparda works better for dante than trish, so we dont onow it alastor would work better for trish than dante.

      Oh I did not see arkham with tbe amulet. I could have sworn dante and vergil had theirs ghe whole time other than the scene where vergil steals dantes. 

      force edge was rectoned as in he switch his weapon over to rebellion. guess they though sparda was a ugly lice of flesh too.

        Loading editor
    • Saying that if dante had his devil trigger infinite, he would be in it all time is stupid. If he stayed in demon form, patty, people (especially preists) and maybe lady woukd not take it well. He dosent really need it in the cutscenes, becase dmc2s the only game where he used it to get stuff done, and even then it was only for one scene.

        Loading editor
    • Base stats of the weapons stay base stats of weapons. Sparda is a stronger sword no matter how you look at it, it just doesn't give her a DT boost, or at least a DT boost as strong as Dante's. Even if it does make her lightning stronger, it still doesn't hit as hard, has less range, and has less versatility. These qualities make it a more favorable weapon for her.

      They gave Dante his own weapon so that he can have some individuality.


      All the time as in for fighting...

      Super costumes are a gameplay bonus, we all know this. Its obvious by Dantes lack of using it during cutscenes. And Vergil is much more in touch with his demonic side and he doesn't constantly use it. There are specific items that grant unlimited DT.

        Loading editor
    • LegionZero wrote:
      Standard Sparda hits as hard as DT Alastor.

      Arkham did have both Amulets.

      Trish uses the sword a lot. It expands her moveset. Go check the combos. Variety is the spice of life. Trish seems to agree. Besides, lets say Alastor has +6 stat, +9 in DT, that means Sparda is +9 all the time. Its the stronger weapon, its the more effective weapon.

      Force Edge was retconned when?

      Her DMC2 appearence is non-canon.

      Super costume is non-canon otherwise Dante would always be DT. Vergil doesn't stay in DT forever therefore, they have a limited time in DT.

      Wait, you mean the Force Edge's stat, or the Awakened Sparda's stat? I'm not sure if the Force Edge's stats are higher than non-D.T Alastor, but the Awakened Sparda's definitelly are. Mind clarifying?

        Loading editor
    • Force Edge refers to Force Edge

      Sparda refers to Sparda sword in this context.

        Loading editor
    • LegionZero wrote:
      Force Edge refers to Force Edge

      Sparda refers to Sparda sword in this context.

      Oh, okay. I've heard people reffer to the Force Edge as the Sparda sword, since they're both the same, just different forms.

        Loading editor
    • I can't stand those kinds of people.

        Loading editor
    • LegionZero wrote:
      I can't stand those kinds of people.

      One of those people being the Wikia itself, as it gives you the Sparda Sword Devil Trigger movelist on the same page as the Force Edge's.

        Loading editor
    • LegionZero wrote:
      I can't stand those kinds of people.

      By the way, what is the Force Edge's stats? I do not know where to look for it.

        Loading editor
    • The wiki specifies whether it is talking about Sparda or Force Edge. We probably should be divide them with tabs.

      We aren't talking about literal stats but its fairly obvious by comparison what the damage is.

        Loading editor
    • LegionZero wrote:
      The wiki specifies whether it is talking about Sparda or Force Edge. We probably should be divide them with tabs.

      We aren't talking about literal stats but its fairly obvious by comparison what the damage is.

      I'm just going to go with the fact that Alastor is a major upgrade, but the damage is exactly the same, only speed and D.T modified (In Force Edge's case, no D.T at all)

        Loading editor
    • Force Edge<Alastor<Sparda

        Loading editor
    • LegionZero wrote:
      Force Edge<Alastor<Sparda

      Okay, I get it. Wait, is it possible to use the Force Edge, even when Sparda is unlocked after beating Nelo Angelo? Or does it automatically replace the FE?

        Loading editor
    • You can still use FE, but its exactly the same as it was in the beginning.

        Loading editor
    • Let me explain it this way, let us look at pokemon. if memory serves correctly, in pokemon, types could use move from that type better then others, thunderbolt would work better for pikachu then say, mew. same here. in case you havent noticed, you cant really use devil arms as effectively then the demons themeselves. For example, vergil has force edge as a weapon, just not as many moves. If I remember correctly, dante couldnt use all of vergils yamato move either. Thats my point. I feel as though because trish isnt of the sparda bloodline, she cant use the sword as well as dante. Its not a groundless theory.

        Loading editor
    • 71.182.245.22 wrote:
      Let me explain it this way, let us look at pokemon. if memory serves correctly, in pokemon, types could use move from that type better then others, thunderbolt would work better for pikachu then say, mew. same here. in case you havent noticed, you cant really use devil arms as effectively then the demons themeselves. For example, vergil has force edge as a weapon, just not as many moves. If I remember correctly, dante couldnt use all of vergils yamato move either. Thats my point. I feel as though because trish isnt of the sparda bloodline, she cant use the sword as well as dante. Its not a groundless theory.

      That moment, when you ACTUALLY realize that in the ending of Devil May Cry 1, Dante carries Force Edge at the same time that Trish was carrying Sparda.

        Loading editor
    • No he wasn't, if you look close enough it's Rebellion. 

      Also, it doesn't matter. Giving Trish Alastor is like giving someone who can manipulate water a tool to manipulate water, or a fire elemental a flamethrower. What is the point? Sparda is a powerful sword hands down, and giving Trish a tool to use lightning is pointless. 

      Also, your theory hits a wall made by itself. You say that since Trish is not of the Sparda bloodline, she can't use it as well. Well she would have issues with the Alastor too! She is not of the bloodline Alastor was originally from, henceforth turning your theory on its head. 

      Bottom line: Sparda is a better sword than Alastor. Deal with it. 

        Loading editor
    • TrishaDemilion1 wrote:
      No he wasn't, if you look close enough it's Rebellion. 

      Also, it doesn't matter. Giving Trish Alastor is like giving someone who can manipulate water a tool to manipulate water, or a fire elemental a flamethrower. What is the point? Sparda is a powerful sword hands down, and giving Trish a tool to use lightning is pointless. 

      Also, your theory hits a wall made by itself. You say that since Trish is not of the Sparda bloodline, she can't use it as well. Well she would have issues with the Alastor too! She is not of the bloodline Alastor was originally from, henceforth turning your theory on its head. 

      Bottom line: Sparda is a better sword than Alastor. Deal with it. 

      If you're talking about my comment, then no. It's not Rebellion. Rebellion didn't exist up untill Devil May Cry 2.

        Loading editor
    • Let's address a few things:

      1)Vergil:

      1.1) Vergil had Force Edge for a total of 15 minutes maybe? He would have cought all its trick and feats in that amount of time, and yes the twins do gain near  mastery of weapons when they get them, but that doesn't mean they have every technique and ability off the bat. Its a matter of experience.
      1.2) Vergil's relatively small 3:SE moveset is due to PS2 memory/space limitations. They couldn't do more if they wanted to. The Vergil we got in 4:SE is the "definitive" version. Meaning that 4:SE Vergil is how we should measure his full skill/strength/abilities.(Except his need to use SS for Air Trick, but thats another argument for another day/post/thread).

      2) Dante

      2.1) Dante hadn't seen Vergil's techniques in years. He was also not in possession of Yamato for very long. Another case where it is just a lack of experience. I think we should also take a took at it from a gameplay perspective as well. Yamato isn't a full fledged weapon like Reby, Gilga, or Luci. Its a support type weapon.

      3) Force Edge/Sparda

      3.1)  Even when partially awakened, Arkham managed to pull out an exponential amount of power from it, enough to overwhelm Dante, and he wasn't even able to completely transform/draw on the blades full power.
      3.2) Sanctus was also able to draw on Sparda to increase his strength immensely. Although, much like Arkham, he was limited by his evil heart.
      3.3) Force Edge doesn't offer much advantage alone. Vergil at best draws on only a small fraction of its power, and at worst serves as only a physical weapon to him. He couldn't beat Dante because of this. His DT is uneffected by it completely. Thats why he wanted Dante's amulet at the end of 3, because without both Amulets Force Edge is almost useless.

      4: Trish

      4.1) Your Pokemon analogy is flawed in 1 key aspect. Pokemon are limited for the most part to only be capable of learning attacks of their type. They are genetically predisposed to be incapable of learning most techniques outside of their element. """Trish is not.""" Trish is more like a musician. If she can sing, great. If she can sing and play guitar, she is more well-rounded, prepared, skilled, and valuable in whatever situation comes her way. For example, what if she faces an enemy who absorbs and is strengthened by electricity? With Alastor she is at a severe disadvantage because she has to rely on cutting power and brute strength with Sparda she can still have empowered attacks.
      4.2) She has a huge lightning movesetand she seems to prefer to use lightning in conjunction with her brawler fighting style. If she was truly interested in using a lightning weapon, I believe they would be gauntlets. What would be the point of carrying Alastor(a sword) if she prefers to punch and kick things with lightning.
      4.3)From her DMC4 moveset we see that she is capable of using Sparda in a variety of ways. The sword has already been awakened and she has had at least 5 years to bond/practice/play with it. It is her prefered sword. Refardless if she can gain as much power from it as Dante, she can draw power from it and makes better use of it than anyone but Dante thus far. The advantages she gains from Sparda are better than what Alastor offers. It is inherently stronger just as a physical weapon. It has better reach, offers more forms and flexibility as a physical weapon. Add in that Sparda seems to like those with good hearts and the intention to help people, she may be able to get more access to its power.
        Loading editor
    • LegionZero wrote:
      Let's address a few things:

      1)Vergil:

      1.1) Vergil had Force Edge for a total of 15 minutes maybe? He would have cought all its trick and feats in that amount of time, and yes the twins do gain near  mastery of weapons when they get them, but that doesn't mean they have every technique and ability off the bat. Its a matter of experience.
      1.2) Vergil's relatively small 3:SE moveset is due to PS2 memory/space limitations. They couldn't do more if they wanted to. The Vergil we got in 4:SE is the "definitive" version. Meaning that 4:SE Vergil is how we should measure his full skill/strength/abilities.(Except his need to use SS for Air Trick, but thats another argument for another day/post/thread).

      2) Dante

      2.1) Dante hadn't seen Vergil's techniques in years. He was also not in possession of Yamato for very long. Another case where it is just a lack of experience. I think we should also take a took at it from a gameplay perspective as well. Yamato isn't a full fledged weapon like Reby, Gilga, or Luci. Its a support type weapon.

      3) Force Edge/Sparda

      3.1)  Even when partially awakened, Arkham managed to pull out an exponential amount of power from it, enough to overwhelm Dante, and he wasn't even able to completely transform/draw on the blades full power.
      3.2) Sanctus was also able to draw on Sparda to increase his strength immensely. Although, much like Arkham, he was limited by his evil heart.
      3.3) Force Edge doesn't offer much advantage alone. Vergil at best draws on only a small fraction of its power, and at worst serves as only a physical weapon to him. He couldn't beat Dante because of this. His DT is uneffected by it completely. Thats why he wanted Dante's amulet at the end of 3, because without both Amulets Force Edge is almost useless.

      4: Trish

      4.1) Your Pokemon analogy is flawed in 1 key aspect. Pokemon are limited for the most part to only be capable of learning attacks of their type. They are genetically predisposed to be incapable of learning most techniques outside of their element. """Trish is not.""" Trish is more like a musician. If she can sing, great. If she can sing and play guitar, she is more well-rounded, prepared, skilled, and valuable in whatever situation comes her way. For example, what if she faces an enemy who absorbs and is strengthened by electricity? With Alastor she is at a severe disadvantage because she has to rely on cutting power and brute strength with Sparda she can still have empowered attacks.
      4.2) She has a huge lightning movesetand she seems to prefer to use lightning in conjunction with her brawler fighting style. If she was truly interested in using a lightning weapon, I believe they would be gauntlets. What would be the point of carrying Alastor(a sword) if she prefers to punch and kick things with lightning.
      4.3)From her DMC4 moveset we see that she is capable of using Sparda in a variety of ways. The sword has already been awakened and she has had at least 5 years to bond/practice/play with it. It is her prefered sword. Refardless if she can gain as much power from it as Dante, she can draw power from it and makes better use of it than anyone but Dante thus far. The advantages she gains from Sparda are better than what Alastor offers. It is inherently stronger just as a physical weapon. It has better reach, offers more forms and flexibility as a physical weapon. Add in that Sparda seems to like those with good hearts and the intention to help people, she may be able to get more access to its power.

      One mistake. After the release of DMC4, one of the developers stated that Lady is 10 years older than she appeared in DMC3. Applying that to Dante would mean he's 29 years old. And in DMC1, Trish says that 'You're [Dante]'s the man who lost a brother [Vergil] and a mother [Eva] to evil 20 years ago'. Eva died when Dante and Vergil became 8 years old. 8 + 20 = 28. According to that calculation, Trish would've had at least one year to train with the Sparda sword.

        Loading editor
    • It's still long enough to get a good grip on its power nonetheless. 

        Loading editor
    • TrishaDemilion1 wrote:
      It's still long enough to get a good grip on its power nonetheless. 

      I suppose that's true.

        Loading editor
    • Alright I know where you are confused. I use to follow that timeline but some things have changed recently. With the release of DMC4:SE, Vergils opening says it is "a few decades" before DMC4s events. Its impossible to be more than 20 years. Vergil visited Fortuna just before raising the tower so it would seem Capcom and then decidedto stick with the "Dante is near 40" line they stated before the mentioned Lady and the 10 years. This would also fit nicely with the recent confirmation of Nero being Vergil's son. I'll make a new timeline post some other time when I get the chance.

        Loading editor
    • LegionZero wrote:
      Alright I know where you are confused. I use to follow that timeline but some things have changed recently. With the release of DMC4:SE, Vergils opening says it is "a few decades" before DMC4s events. Its impossible to be more than 20 years. Vergil visited Fortuna just before raising the tower so it would seem Capcom and then decidedto stick with the "Dante is near 40" line they stated before the mentioned Lady and the 10 years. This would also fit nicely with the recent confirmation of Nero being Vergil's son. I'll make a new timeline post some other time when I get the chance.

      Note to self: Do NOT mix Devil May Cry with math.

        Loading editor
    • Yes, please, the plot is confusing enough. 

        Loading editor
    • The "few decades" thing was a mistranslation

        Loading editor
    • Ok so what mistake did Capcom make during their translation process, because this the first time I am hearing of this and "a few decades" came straight from the game

        Loading editor
    • The JP and German version say "over a decade ago." It wouldn't make sense for it to be few decades since this same Vergil appears in 3 not long after.

        Loading editor
    • It would make perfect sense since it could take place in the year between the manga and 3 or just before the manga. And since we have confirmation that Nero is Vergil's som this makes it more likely to be the case. Besides, over a decade can mean up to 19 years, which still puts Vergil's Fortuna trip at just about the same period.

        Loading editor
    • Yup. 

        Loading editor
    • LegionZero wrote:
      It would make perfect sense since it could take place in the year between the manga and 3 or just before the manga. And since we have confirmation that Nero is Vergil's som this makes it more likely to be the case. Besides, over a decade can mean up to 19 years, which still puts Vergil's Fortuna trip at just about the same period.

      I have no idea what you mean, but whatever. I'll go with it.

        Loading editor
    • Read Kuja's comment.

        Loading editor
    • The "few decades" mistranslation is what I'm saying wouldn't make sense. The "over a decade ago" is fine.

        Loading editor
    • A few decades makes sense

        Loading editor
    • How does a mistranslation make sense?

        Loading editor
    • Because he could have visited 20 years before DMC4, Nero would still be his son while still being the same age in 4 as Dante was in 3. The least amount of time possible to be between games is 19 years anyways.

        Loading editor
    • LegionZero wrote:
      Because he could have visited 20 years before DMC4, Nero would still be his son while still being the same age in 4 as Dante was in 3. The least amount of time possible to be between games is 19 years anyways.

      Ahh,. but Vergil was older than Dante in 3, hence why Dante says "How 'bout a kiss from your little brother? Or better yet, how 'bout a kiss from THIS?" 

        Loading editor
    • .....They are twins..... Vergil just happened to come out first. They are the same age, Vergil is just a few minutes older.

        Loading editor
    • You don't have to be born the same time to look alike. Vergil could be weeks, months, even a year older. Plus Vergil seems older than Dante, as he has a better understanding of all things, demonic or otherwise. His quote that he says to Dante reflects his wisdom and personality. "Foolishnes, Dante. Foolishness. Might controls everything, and without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself." 

        Loading editor
    • Ahh, that phrase never fails to tug at my strings. 

        Loading editor
    • Dante and Vergil are twins. This explicity stated many times.

        Loading editor
    • TrishaDemilion1 wrote:
      You don't have to be born the same time to look alike. Vergil could be weeks, months, even a year older. Plus Vergil seems older than Dante, as he has a better understanding of all things, demonic or otherwise. His quote that he says to Dante reflects his wisdom and personality. "Foolishnes, Dante. Foolishness. Might controls everything, and without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself." 


      ...

      Let me address this first... if they came out of the same woman, and we know for sure it was the same woman, then you can't talk about weeks, since pregnancy lasts 9 months.

      They have the same face, Vergil literally looks like Dante when his hair is down. That would be a bit too much resemblance for non-twin siblings.

      Everyone and their uncle's monkey has been talking about them as twins, so how come that holds no value, but a random statement that proves nothing, except who slid out of Eva first, does? Twins can't pop out at the exact same moment, biology doesn't allow it, one has to be a little older than the other.

      If Vergil seems older than Dante, it's his personality, not his physical age showing through. Even in real life there are people who act very mature for their age and those who appear more childish.

        Loading editor
    • Smoking gun wrote:
      TrishaDemilion1 wrote:
      You don't have to be born the same time to look alike. Vergil could be weeks, months, even a year older. Plus Vergil seems older than Dante, as he has a better understanding of all things, demonic or otherwise. His quote that he says to Dante reflects his wisdom and personality. "Foolishnes, Dante. Foolishness. Might controls everything, and without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself." 

      ...

      Let me address this first... if they came out of the same woman, and we know for sure it was the same woman, then you can't talk about weeks, since pregnancy lasts 9 months.

      They have the same face, Vergil literally looks like Dante when his hair is down. That would be a bit too much resemblance for non-twin siblings.

      Everyone and their uncle's monkey has been talking about them as twins, so how come that holds no value, but a random statement that proves nothing, except who slid out of Eva first, does? Twins can't pop out at the exact same moment, biology doesn't allow it, one has to be a little older than the other.

      If Vergil seems older than Dante, it's his personality, not his physical age showing through. Even in real life there are people who act very mature for their age and those who appear more childish.

      Lets not forget this is Japanese culture, most Japanese look to be teenagers when they're like 30. 

      There are ways of being impregnated so that the two children can be born at separate times, there have been reports of it nationally. 

      I've never said they weren't twins, but twins doesn't always refer to age. 

      There's more to this than just his personality. The way he pushes himself is more than what Dante would do, and even if they do look alike, there was never an age told, so how can we be for sure that they are the same age? 

      Now I did say that Vergil must be older, but I never said anything about a huge difference. Like I said, it could be weeks, months, up to a year that he is older. 

        Loading editor
    • TrishaDemilion1 wrote:

      Lets not forget this is Japanese culture, most Japanese look to be teenagers when they're like 30. 

      There are ways of being impregnated so that the two children can be born at separate times, there have been reports of it nationally. 

      I've never said they weren't twins, but twins doesn't always refer to age. 

      There's more to this than just his personality. The way he pushes himself is more than what Dante would do, and even if they do look alike, there was never an age told, so how can we be for sure that they are the same age? 

      Now I did say that Vergil must be older, but I never said anything about a huge difference. Like I said, it could be weeks, months, up to a year that he is older. 

      Ask anyone, literally ANYONE, and they'll tell you twins are babies conceived at the same time (or very, very close to it in case of fraternal twins) and born with time span between each baby coming out ranging from minutes to few hours. To call someone twins in modern fiction never ever means they were born with noticeable age difference, you can't have one baby coming out while the other remains in mom for weeks, not without some major third party intervention that puts the second baby at great risk of losing its life, something that was never mentioned in the series and there was never any point to doing it anyway.

      If Dante and Vergil were medical anomaly of being twins born so far apart, don't you think someone would have mentioned it by now?

        Loading editor
    • " Few decades ago" or " more than a decade ago" are not contradictory.

      Itsuno said Nero was more or less Dante's age in DMC3 and novel gives Nero as 16/17 years old teen.These still match.Yes, a still consider novel to be partially canon or a guide to the story, after all DMC4Se exclusive cutscenes still ride on this book.

      At this point , DMC team forgot about DMC3 manga. Even Dan never heard about it before, so...

      We are all assuming Nero is child of a human woman, which is probable, but there is no confirmation about this.

      For all these years I said Dante was near his 40's( a lot of you must remember it), but nobody believed on it.

      DMC team now thinks Lady is 25/30 years old, which is impossible : if she was 16 in DMC3, Dante would be 26 years old, giving Vergil the oportunity of being married, have kids, a house, etc...

      DMC story/ canon is now so messy I could bet in next game we will find out it was Vergil's mother in law who drove him crazy and forced him in this power trip.

        Loading editor
    • Uhh, Trish didn't exist in DMC3... she was made by Mundus just before DMC1 to lure Dante into the castle of Mallet Island. :P 

        Loading editor
    • Smoking gun wrote:
      TrishaDemilion1 wrote:

      Lets not forget this is Japanese culture, most Japanese look to be teenagers when they're like 30. 

      There are ways of being impregnated so that the two children can be born at separate times, there have been reports of it nationally. 

      I've never said they weren't twins, but twins doesn't always refer to age. 

      There's more to this than just his personality. The way he pushes himself is more than what Dante would do, and even if they do look alike, there was never an age told, so how can we be for sure that they are the same age? 

      Now I did say that Vergil must be older, but I never said anything about a huge difference. Like I said, it could be weeks, months, up to a year that he is older. 

      Ask anyone, literally ANYONE, and they'll tell you twins are babies conceived at the same time (or very, very close to it in case of fraternal twins) and born with time span between each baby coming out ranging from minutes to few hours. To call someone twins in modern fiction never ever means they were born with noticeable age difference, you can't have one baby coming out while the other remains in mom for weeks, not without some major third party intervention that puts the second baby at great risk of losing its life, something that was never mentioned in the series and there was never any point to doing it anyway.

      If Dante and Vergil were medical anomaly of being twins born so far apart, don't you think someone would have mentioned it by now?

      That isn't always the case, as there have been people who are twins, and yet have weeks and months apart from them, and they were healthy. Not only that but twin does not always refer to age. It can refer to appearance, personality, etc. They could be twins and not realize, though that does sound outlandish it is possible, as it's been reported before internationally. 

      Personally I think Vergil's just a year older than Vergil simply because of how he's portrayed. He is slightly taller, even with his hair down, and don't tell me he isn't because I've compared heights, and he also seems to know a lot more, like I said before. It's a possibility that can't just be thrown out the window that maybe, even if it's less than a year, Vergil is older than Dante. 

        Loading editor
    • TrishaDemilion1 wrote:

      That isn't always the case, as there have been people who are twins, and yet have weeks and months apart from them, and they were healthy. Not only that but twin does not always refer to age. It can refer to appearance, personality, etc. They could be twins and not realize, though that does sound outlandish it is possible, as it's been reported before internationally. 

      Personally I think Vergil's just a year older than Vergil simply because of how he's portrayed. He is slightly taller, even with his hair down, and don't tell me he isn't because I've compared heights, and he also seems to know a lot more, like I said before. It's a possibility that can't just be thrown out the window that maybe, even if it's less than a year, Vergil is older than Dante. 

      I think you're either talking about lookalikes or egg cells that were frozen after being artificially fertilized and implanted into mother later on, only that way can a twin be born so much later than the other. Since none of that was mentioned in the series, then by logic we take they are regular, born very close after, twins. Anything else would be unecessary complication, don't be the idiot that needs literally everything spelled out to believe.

      I am slightly taller and generally know more than my six years older brother, what's your point?

        Loading editor
    • Vergil's older than Vergil?

        Loading editor
    • TrishaDemilion1 wrote:
      Uhh, Trish didn't exist in DMC3... she was made by Mundus just before DMC1 to lure Dante into the castle of Mallet Island. :P 

      This is for me?But I wasn't talking about Trish.

      I was talking about what is said in the artbook.

        Loading editor
    • Sorry, meant to say older than Dante, typing fast :P 

      Also, Those are a few ways of having delayed birth of a twin, but it can also happen naturally. You are taller than your six year old brother and know more, and you're how old? Hm? 

      As for Gelsada, Why would Trish be mentioned in the DMC3 artbook? 

        Loading editor
    • Fraternal twins have been reported as being born in different days or months, but they don't share the same placenta.

      Identical twins share the same placenta, so or they are born in a time span of a few hours or sure one of them will suffocate.Even hours can be too much for a baby.

      Ironically enough the first to be born was the last to be conceived, so dante was to be formed first, but from his cells Vergil came to be.

        Loading editor
    • TrishaDemilion1 wrote:
      Sorry, meant to say older than Dante, typing fast :P 

      Also, Those are a few ways of having delayed birth of a twin, but it can also happen naturally. You are taller than your six year old brother and know more, and you're how old? Hm? 

      As for Gelsada, Why would Trish be mentioned in the DMC3 artbook? 


      What? No, I'm talking about 3, 1, 4, 2 artbook and I'm talking about ages. Trish has no age, she does not change, so she can't be used as a timeline reference

        Loading editor
    • TrishaDemilion1 wrote:
      Sorry, meant to say older than Dante, typing fast :P 

      Also, Those are a few ways of having delayed birth of a twin, but it can also happen naturally. You are taller than your six year old brother and know more, and you're how old? Hm? 

      As for Gelsada, Why would Trish be mentioned in the DMC3 artbook? 


      I'm 30, he is 36, which I don't really see a point of mentioning as I said six years older brother, but since you insist.

      It may happen naturally, but how often? And how many times have you seen it in fiction? The only time i've seen it was in one version of a greek myth, but they also have cases where a god was present a good number of centuries before his own parents were born, so hardly a good proof for a story that is, despite its mesiness, more consitent than that.

        Loading editor
    • Gelsadra you gave Trish an age, which was what confused me xD 

      Anyways, back on topic. It does happen rarely, you're right, but there is plenty of fiction in the world that has this concept of twins. And, if he is, and you are taller, that's simply genetics. But in Dante and Vergil's case, Sparda's genes would be most dominant, henceforth they would consistently take his traits and not Eva's. They would most likely be exact save for personality, which clearly isn't the case here. 

        Loading editor
    • TrishaDemilion1 wrote:
      Gelsadra you gave Trish an age, which was what confused me xD 

      No, I gave Lady an age.In fact, it wasn't me. Some DMC team members believe Lady to be 25/30 years old, which is bizarre.

        Loading editor
    • Dante and Vergil are twins, and unless stated otherwise, were born at the same time like normal twins.

      Trish has an age, chances are it wont show.

      Not everyone on the DMC team really knows how old characters are. Not everybodies job requires them to know. Any assumptions made are simply assumptions/interperetations. At 1 point she was about 26(assuming Lady is 16 in DMC3) because she was stated to be 10 years older in DMC4, but timeline placement has changed since then, so they simply aren't up to date. The only truely relevant ones are writer/producer/director anyways.

      The series canon and story are fine, they are just a little sloppy with the timeline, but thats not all that much of a problem because most statements of timeline aren't in-game. At the moment everything is fitting together fairly well.

        Loading editor
    • Gelsadra wrote:
      TrishaDemilion1 wrote:
      Gelsadra you gave Trish an age, which was what confused me xD 
      No, I gave Lady an age.In fact, it wasn't me. Some DMC team members believe Lady to be 25/30 years old, which is bizarre.

      Sorry for misreading. 

      It was never stated that they were the same age, so it will stay unconfirmed. 

      Of course she has an age, she just doesn't age per se. She's an immortal, crafted demon. Of course her age won't actually show.

        Loading editor
    • LegionZero
      LegionZero removed this reply because:
      Spam
      08:49, October 17, 2015
      This reply has been removed
    • LegionZero
      LegionZero removed this reply because:
      Spam
      05:13, October 20, 2015
      This reply has been removed
    • wtf is this?

        Loading editor
    • it's called an infograph...if you want the link of the complete article then let me know.

        Loading editor
    • Its called spam. Then its called removed.

        Loading editor
    • It's called a suggestion. Then it's called misunderstanding

        Loading editor
    • That post had nothing to do with the topic of this thread and should be reserved for ones that ask for it. It's broderline solicitation and doesn't belong here unless requested.

        Loading editor
    • Ok so is there any other board that will support my comment. As i saw the word choice, i thought why not share it here.

        Loading editor
    • I meant i thought it would be relevant

        Loading editor
    • No, the word choice had nothing to do with cosplaying as Dante, if you actually read the thread you would know that this is about Trish and how she should have Alastor (though in my opinion she shouldn't, Sparda's more powerful). 

        Loading editor
    • ok

        Loading editor
    • Wtf it has to do with Trish's using Sparda? DmC and DMC1 has nothing to do with each other. Also why would she use Alastor while she could attune her own electricity to Sparda? Plus her lightning and Alastor's is not same.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.