FANDOM


  • Dante used it just like he did with Rebellion, so while being skilled swordsman, you cant really say that he used the blade's full potential.

    Trish made some of her own moves with the blade, but then again a lot of them are the copy of Dante's already existing moves.

    Arkham hasnt displayed that many feats with it, he proved that he can swing it (Well it's something), create wind slashes capable of destroying big columns (well almost like Yamato, but weaker) and crossed the blades with Dante.... That's all. Should we count his blob form?

    Sanctus did managed to use it as a floating weapon, creating energy beams out of it and even learned a few moves (something similar to stinger), but in the end all he did, was to use the blade to enchant his own powers.

      Loading editor
    • Dante was the best because he could use its full power. But he only had it for a few hours so his moveset isnt quite as diverse as Trish.

      Trish has a more diverse moveset and manipulates its parts more than Dante does.

        Loading editor
    • Yep

        Loading editor
    • CeriumEcstatic wrote:
      Vergil was the best user of Force Edge. Trish is the best user of the Sparda.

      Arkham could actually draw upon its power. its another Dante-Trish situation where Arkham was better at drawing on its power but Vergil was overall more skilled with it as a weapon

        Loading editor
    • So in terms of Skill.... Vergil?

        Loading editor
    • Yep

        Loading editor
    • Wait, what ?

      Dante was the ONLY one who could use the Full Power of this Sword in his battle against Mundus. Sparda Sword can choose who can wield it, as it's said on DMC5 site, and Dante could acess his father's powers, no one without blood relation can use the full potential (Sanctus against Nero, Arkham, etc)

      Vergil never did that (he didn't had both amulets), if he could, he would have stomp Dante to oblivion in their final fight, besides, using DMC1 Dante in DMC3 we can see that he can use the Force Edge just like Rebellion, including the combos, nothing that Vergil showed in their fight goes further that what we can do with DMC1 Dante

      Dante might give us more things with this Sword in DMC5 since it will be, apparently, his main weapon in the game, but even without showing anything new, I believe he is the best user, DMC1 don't show much thanks to the game mechanics of that time but we can see that Dante can do everything he can with Rebellion, whichs means...a lot, he can use Sparda with a lot of dexterity and, most importantly, can use it in full power, so my vote goes for him

        Loading editor
    • Dante Demon Killah wrote:

      no one without blood relation can use the full potential (Sanctus against Nero, Arkham, etc)

      This was stated nowehere ever.

      Dante Demon Killah wrote:

      Vergil never did that (he didn't had both amulets), if he could, he would have stomp Dante to oblivion in their final fight, besides, using DMC1 Dante in DMC3 we can see that he can use the Force Edge just like Rebellion, including the combos, nothing that Vergil showed in their fight goes further that what we can do with DMC1 Dante

      Sparda can choose its weilder. It may have just as easily forsaken Vergil for his impure intentions. DMC1 Dante couldnt use moves like Stinger and Round Trip. If you take 4:SE's moveset as canon then Vergil could do WAAYYYY more than Dante ever could with FE

      Dante Demon Killah wrote:

      Dante might give us more things with this Sword in DMC5 since it will be, apparently, his main weapon in the game, but even without showing anything new, I believe he is the best user, DMC1 don't show much thanks to the game mechanics of that time but we can see that Dante can do everything he can with Rebellion, whichs means...a lot, he can use Sparda with a lot of dexterity and, most importantly, can use it in full power, so my vote goes for him

      From gameplay Sparda looks like its not much more than a Rebellion. Stinger doesnt even extend the blade into a spear anymore.

        Loading editor
    • If Sparda is Rebellion 2.0 then why even include it, if it's not even giving you anything more... Not even original Sparda's DT appearance?

        Loading editor
    • 1) for nostalgia

      2) they probably didnt want to make players feel like they wouldnt have access to the moveset by making Sparda and Rebellion have different movesets. IMO quad switching would be awkward as fuck. Probably why Balrog has 2 different modes to switch between. Tangent: Balrog should have switched modes with Style instead of Lock-On+Back+Melee, it would have had more moves like that.

      Back to Sparda, IMO i think the best case scenario is that it has higher stats and stronger DT. Worst case, its a skin.

        Loading editor
    • LegionZero wrote:

      Dante Demon Killah wrote:

      no one without blood relation can use the full potential (Sanctus against Nero, Arkham, etc)

      This was stated nowehere ever.

      Dante Demon Killah wrote:

      Vergil never did that (he didn't had both amulets), if he could, he would have stomp Dante to oblivion in their final fight, besides, using DMC1 Dante in DMC3 we can see that he can use the Force Edge just like Rebellion, including the combos, nothing that Vergil showed in their fight goes further that what we can do with DMC1 Dante

      Sparda can choose its weilder. It may have just as easily forsaken Vergil for his impure intentions. DMC1 Dante couldnt use moves like Stinger and Round Trip. If you take 4:SE's moveset as canon then Vergil could do WAAYYYY more than Dante ever could with FE

      Dante Demon Killah wrote:

      Dante might give us more things with this Sword in DMC5 since it will be, apparently, his main weapon in the game, but even without showing anything new, I believe he is the best user, DMC1 don't show much thanks to the game mechanics of that time but we can see that Dante can do everything he can with Rebellion, whichs means...a lot, he can use Sparda with a lot of dexterity and, most importantly, can use it in full power, so my vote goes for him

      From gameplay Sparda looks like its not much more than a Rebellion. Stinger doesnt even extend the blade into a spear anymore.

      1 - Let me correct myself: Only one with Blood Relation to Sparda could acess the full power of The Sword, in fact, only Dante could

      2 - 4 SE Vergil moveset it's 100% non canon since in Fortuna he didn't even had Force Edge, and when he had, he didn't had Beowulf. DMC1 Dante skin in DMC3 is basically Dante after the events of the game, and he uses the Force Edge as his standard weapon just like we see him in the beggining of DMC1, and he have, basically, the same moves from Rebellion, which kinda makes sense since they are almost the same (Force Edge in Dormant form)

      3 - That's exacly my point, Dante's skills with Rebellion are amazing and anyone in DMC verse has ever won a Sword fight against him besides Vergil, but that is DMC3 Dante who didn't even had the DT, Dante even defeats him in the game later. If Dante can do everything he does with Rebellion using Force Edge (as we see in DMC3) and Sparda (in DMC5), including using it in Full Power (DMC1), so he is the best user, by far

        Loading editor
    • LegionZero wrote:

      Back to Sparda, IMO i think the best case scenario is that it has higher stats and stronger DT. Worst case, its a skin.

      I love Sparda as a character as well as his weapon... I dunno if I should be happy with Sparda being just the skin. (It looks like the one, at least from Japanese gameplay). If it at least could change Dante's DT.... But nooooo :c 

        Loading editor
    • This could suggest that Dante's DT >>> Sparda's DT ? lol

      Well, Sparda was a placeholder for Rebellion in the gameplay, so I believe that many things we still going to see in October 6th maybe

        Loading editor
    • Dante Demon Killah wrote:
      This could suggest that Dante's DT >>> Sparda's DT ? lol

      Well, Sparda was a placeholder for Rebellion in the gameplay, so I believe that many things we still going to see in October 6th maybe

      Well yes. It's rather obvious, that at this point Dante has surpassed Sparda, since 5 is taking place after 2.


      Unless they will pull DMC 1 on us, and you will be able to use Sparda's DT in the last battle.... Showcasing that Sparda was way beyond what we all imagined....

        Loading editor
    • Dante Demon Killah wrote:

      1 - Let me correct myself: Only one with Blood Relation to Sparda could acess the full power of The Sword, in fact, only Dante could

      There is no evidence to support that. He is the only one who has used its full strength but since Sparda is sentient enough choose its weilder and limit the amount of power it gives someone, there is no reason to assume it wont give Trish its full power if saving the world ended up her responisbility.

      Dante Demon Killah wrote:

      2 - 4 SE Vergil moveset it's 100% non canon since in Fortuna he didn't even had Force Edge, and when he had, he didn't had Beowulf.

      Its not canon to the cutscenes but the movesets themselves may be canon.

      Dante Demon Killah wrote:

      DMC1 Dante skin in DMC3 is basically Dante after the events of the game, and he uses the Force Edge as his standard weapon just like we see him in the beggining of DMC1, and he have, basically, the same moves from Rebellion, which kinda makes sense since they are almost the same (Force Edge in Dormant form)

      Dante doesn't use Force Edge in DMC3. The one in his DMC1 costumes are re-skins. The weapon menu even addresses it as Rebellion.

      Dante Demon Killah wrote:

      This could suggest that Dante's DT >>> Sparda's DT ? lol

      Very likely by DMC2

        Loading editor
    • @Meshifuari Arimota if what the creator said is true (about dante not yet being as strong or stronger then sparda (which you told us the creator said that if you didnt say that the feel free to correct me)) then does that mean we'll be seeing dante use spardas dt again at some point in 5? if not then theres a good chance to get LDK outfit..i just hope we can get unlimited dt with all costumes like in dmc4se which im sure you know about also when are we getting the picture of sparda from dmc5 on the "sparda (devil arm)" page?

        Loading editor
    • Im waiting for some official renders but if you find a good, clear screen of Sparda in its entirety add it.

        Loading editor
    • bit late with this but happy new years guys and 2 months for dmc5 and lmao really glad arkham's race was changed from human to artificial demon that was confusing me

        Loading editor
    • He was a human and then artificial demon (After wife killing thing).

        Loading editor
    • There is a chance that he was a hybrid as his ritual made him "incomplete"

        Loading editor
    • Assuming that he was an artifical demon or a hybrid... Would he be considered a 100% demon with Sparda DT and in his "Blob" form? Or just a human with demonic powers?

        Loading editor
    • Just looked through the DMC3 manual. Hes human. I guess whatever demonic power he has is due to his black magic.

        Loading editor
    • So just like V?

        Loading editor
    • Kinda. From my understanding, V is like, a summoner, but Arkham is closer to a sorcerer/spellcaster.

        Loading editor
    • And they say that V is a mere human, but he can do superhuman feats, just like Lady

      "Humans" lol

        Loading editor
    • Lady can do badass stuff but she cant take on some of the stronger demons, often recruiting Dante to handle the situation for her.

      V hasnt really done anything super human yet, but humans who know a lot of magic, especially dark magic, can do some pretty crazy stuff Arius and Arkham being prime examples

        Loading editor
    • If V can fight someone like Cavaliere (trailer), took a hit and survive, that's a Superhuman Durability feat, and I doubt that as V we are going to die with one hit

      Just like Lady who can dodge Lightning from Trish in the Anime, both are stated to be Humans but they have Superhuman feats

        Loading editor
    • Can we really count him "Being stabbed" as taking hit? I think it works more like illusion or something.

        Loading editor
    • I'm not talking about that stab

      Any hit during gameplay that he tank and don't die in the process is a Superhuman Durability feat from him

        Loading editor
    • Should we take Lady's Super Leg Regeneration as a feat as well? (It got healed in like hour or less).

      Also they can explain, that he survived those hits only due to the demons granting him protection because of the tattos or something like that.

      It would actually be a p.dope mechanic... You lose all of the tattos(summon all of the monsters)? You die on one hit.

        Loading editor
    • Dante Demon Killah wrote:

      Any hit during gameplay that he tank and don't die in the process is a Superhuman Durability feat from him

      Gameplay doesnt always represent story. Nero can take quite a few direct hits during gameplay but got stabbed twice and almost died in a cutscene

      Meshifuari Arimota wrote:

      Should we take Lady's Super Leg Regeneration as a feat as well? (It got healed in like hour or less).

      It didnt heal, she bandaged it. I know its a paper thin explaination but it was the one we were given. Shes also a determinator.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.