FANDOM


  • Where does Trish stand in comparison to other characters in the DMCverse in terms of stats and abilities? I would put her above Lady, below Nero.

      Loading editor
    • Meshifuari Arimota wrote:

      There's also not a single solid proof that she was going easy on her either. Everything you go is based on speculation about "what she could do" but she didnt. We dont have a single comment in which Trish/or anyone else stated that she was going easy on her. Not a single one.

      And you dont have proof that she was trying to kill Lady in the night time fight.

      She would have no reson to kill another Devil Hunter.

      Trish utterly manhandles lesser demons in DMC4 barehanded and in the anime but cant handle Lady? Who was seen physically overpowered by lesser demons in the anime and needs guns to deal damage?

      Meshifuari Arimota wrote:

      No... It doesnt make any sense for Lady to not get hit by a thunder from her palm, yet the roof getting destroyed. You could argue that it would made sense if the thunder avoided her and it was showcased.. but it never was.

      The lightning not hitting Lady doesnt need to be shown because we saw the aftermath in which Lady was unstruck by lightning and revealed that Trish wasnt trying to kill her. Trish actually said she didnt have Dante tell Lady about her because Lady would be more fun than what she was hunting. There was nothing about Trish going all out.

      Meshifuari Arimota wrote:

      You keep saying and saying that, but you really dont have a single proof for it. Just a speculation based on your own personal views regarding characters. Give me a solid statement from someone, anyone that Trish was not trying to kill her. Otherwise we both can take our guesses for eternity.

      Watch the scene after Dante shows up at the church. Im not gonna quote 2-3 minutes of dialogue.

      Meshifuari Arimota wrote:

      LegionZero wrote:

      She was struggling to ground herself properly to pull him up do to the earthquake happening aroumd them.

      Yea.. I will call this one a 100% headcanon and speculation. Even with everything that happened around them, SHE should be capable of throwing him without any troubles. Yet she can hear that she Struggles, A LOT

      Speculation that an earthquake is prevent her from properly grounding herself? The earthquake is visible and audible in the scene.

      Meshifuari Arimota wrote:

      In which Dante and Trish are stating that sometimes you have to test the true strenght of people you will work with and you dont go easy of them. And also that Lady gave Trish way more troubles than her normal quarry. So... You say that she was holding back. I say based on this that she was going all out to test everything that Lady had.

      Not sure what version you watched but that is not at all how the conversation went.

      Meshifuari Arimota wrote:

      LegionZero wrote:

      Never said that. But due please try and quote where i did.

      Here you've said this about Trish. I kinda wrote "Dante" instead of "Trish above, so my bad. "LegionZero wrote: Trish survived Mundus' death beam. A few bullets wont hurt her."

      What i should have said was that bullets wouldnt cause any long lasting or serious damage.

      Meshifuari Arimota wrote:

      You're trying to apply a humans logic to a demon. Quite frankly you dont know what to tell me in a lot of cases.

      Im applying logic seen in the series. Even demons have cowered when they were afraid of dying.

      I dont know what to tell you in a lot of cases because you simply refuse to believe the evidence.

      Meshifuari Arimota wrote:

      LegionZero wrote:

      The fact is she is a demon who knows Dante's "secret mission" who just elctrocuted the crap out of him, stabbed him, and threw a motorcycle at him. He had no reason to believe that she wasnt an enemy and could have killed her halfway through her sentence. A sentence that she didnt start until after she was up and moving and someone who Dante still had more than valid reasons not to trust and to kill on the spot.

      And he could but he didnt. Why? I dunno. That's not the point.

      No its not the point. The point is Trish showed no fear, despite all the reasons she would have had to fear if guns posed a real threat to her. If you want to see what it looks like when she fears for her life, look at her reaction to the pillar about to crush her after Nightmare 3.

      Meshifuari Arimota wrote:

      Everything that I've said above pachinko machines/and spin-offs still stands.

      No it doesnt. Pachinko machines are not canon. They are not acknowldged as official parts of the timeline. Crossovers are non-canon and their events have no bearing on the DMCverse.

      Meshifuari Arimota wrote:

      • Not quite. The only feat Trish have on her own is throwing Sparda sword and struggling with holding V.

      By that logic, Lady cant actually shoot because she never actually fires a single shot in DMC5. Feats dont need to be repeated every entry to be valid.

      Nero is shown in DMC4 and DMC5 to be able to kick, punch, pull demons around, and Nero kicked half a away from him, but was grunting while carrying V. Either its dramatic effect for they are struggling with something not related to their physical strength

      Trish has been seen lifting and tossing a motorcycle, dominating a group of 10 Scarecrows with kicks.

      This puts her strength at above demons who are already stronger than humans before and after the release of the anime.

      Meshifuari Arimota wrote:

      • The biggest feat that Urizen have is the "Shaking the whole earth" according to Nico's notes... Nothing even remotely close to the infamous "creation of universe by Mundus" that is on in his description on this wiki.

      Comparing apples to oranges here. Btw, that claim came straight from Hideki Kamiya himself.

      Also, the form of Urizen that shook the world, was the form he had while in hell.

      Meshifuari Arimota wrote:

      Here? That might be true. However I tend to sit in a lot of websites and discord servers... You know the r/DevilMayCry twitter right? I am sitting on their discord server (can link you if you want) they currently have 5k members.. and there's a lot of people stating that Trish has been nerfed to the level of Lady due to new parts of DMC franchise.

      5k members... the fanbase is at least 1.5 mil strong.

      Meshifuari Arimota wrote:

      Yet he wanted to rushed on Cavaliere before collapsing. Cavaliere on the other hand was running away. That's example that Cavaliere was afraid of loosing and V was confident in his abilities.

      He WANTED to rush Cavaliere, but collapsed before taking one step.

      Meshifuari Arimota wrote:

      You could argue that V "spend too much energy fighting Nidhogg" if he was actually ... fighting him and not his minions. There's not a single quote stating that V got tired. "Right now" could simply mean that as V, Vergil is not capable of defeating him. That's my speculation and it's just as correct as yours.

      V's familiars are powered by V and his magic. Thats why he collapsed after his fight with Geryon even though he has them fight on his behalf.

      Meshifuari Arimota wrote:

      Hell Griffon even comments that meeting Gilgamesh is not "good". Griffon was surprised that V was choosing not to fight Gilgamesh. But at the same time from a little exchange that we have Griffon was not certain in his

      Claiming something not to be good doesnt mean that he believed V couldnt handle the fight. His shock/confusion that V walked away instead of fighting is confirmation that he expected to fight Gilgamesh.

      Every time V wasnt strong enough for something, Griffon was the first one to point it out.

      Meshifuari Arimota wrote:

      Yet Griffon never called Cavaliere a trouble even when he was on Geyron. That's actually solidifes my argument.

      Griffon didnt know who Cavaliere was. He said so himself.

      Meshifuari Arimota wrote:

      LegionZero wrote:

      Because Cavaliere cant beat Dante, Trish cant be any bosses? Last i check only God-tiers stood a chance against Dante in 5.

      Not my point at all.. my point was to showcase that Cavaliere => Trish, but okay.

      I believe that to be true, but comparing Cavaliere to Dante is pointless because Dante is stronger than everyone except for Urizen/Vergil.

      Meshifuari Arimota wrote:

      If we're using in-game mechanics as feats... Lady can survive a fully powered up attack from Dante's rebellion in DMC 3. If we're using cutscenes from games.. in majority of them, our heroes are capable of destroying demons with one shoot.

      Im using cutscenes, anime scenes, and lore.

      Meshifuari Arimota wrote:

      And Vergil wasnt at full strenght either. Yet BTN states that Mundus wasnt capable of fully controlling Vergil,

      Mind control, not physical control.

      Meshifuari Arimota wrote:

      They still were humans physically. If you're talking about not killing "good humans" then say so from the start.

      They let non-demonic, evil humans live.

      So they only kill evil demonic humans.

        Loading editor
    • Dante and Vergil first,followed by Nero,and below Nero there would be V and then Trish.After that I think maybe Lucia then finally Lady(Out of the playable/seen in action characters).At least for me.

        Loading editor
    • Ouch. You put Lucia pretty low.

        Loading editor
    • We only see Lucia in dmc2 and for only 13 missions at that so it's hard to gauge her strength.I think she could be on Trish's level(at best),but wouldn't place her any higher than that.

        Loading editor
    • Id put her above Trish. She tokk on Arius-Argosax and Possessed Arius. There is no one to really scale him to though so its really just my opinion on that one

        Loading editor
    • Lucia have better feats, simple, Trish never defeated someone strong in the series, at best we can say that she is comparable to Mundus Generals, like Griffon, who can create thuderstorms which are City level

      Fighting Arius-Argosax is pretty impressive, actually

        Loading editor
    • Does she really though? Back in DMC1 she was able to bring Dante to his knees twice.

        Loading editor
    • He was caught off guard, he managed do defeat her and Nightmare at the same time in that fight, and Nightmare was feared by Mundus to be capable of "lay waste to the Demon World" (from Visions of V), so he's probably even stronger than Griffon

      I'm not saying that she's weak tho, but Lucia have better feats and actually better powers thanks to the Hearts

        Loading editor
    • Dante didnt actually fight Trish during the Nightmare fight. Nightmare was restrained.

      In the biggining of DMC1 Trish gave him pretty fair warning and managed to pin him down. Once the lightning hit him he was down and didnt recover until she stopped. She also wasnt trying to kill him, judging by how the lightning flow had him pinned down she mighta been able too.

      Trish can use Hearts tok. Any demonic character can.

        Loading editor
    • Her gameplay in DMC2 is non canon, right ?

      She can use but which heart and how many of them, is unknown, while Lucia have access to those from DMC2 at least

        Loading editor
    • Assuming Lucia keeps those hearts. Also assuming the Hearts arent gameplay-only. Even if Lucia does have hearts, Trish has Devil Arms to balance things out.

        Loading editor
    • Those Hearts have lore info and are needed in some points in the game, they are not game mechanic

      While DAs are good, Lucia can use many elements, amp her speed 10 times (the guide states that Quick Heart amps her speed by that amount), and Stop Time (the guide also states that Chrono Heart stops time), those haxes are much better than DAs in general

        Loading editor
    • Being necessary to finish the mission doesnt invalidate them as non-canon items. Some of the hearts were the exact same as Dante's, found in the exact same places, some of them show up in a different mission if missed in the first avaliable mission and most are completely missable.

      If we say that necessary or confirmed weapons/items count as the characters' canon arsenal then that means Lucia has Electro, Frost, and Aerial hearts.

      Trish has lightning powers so i doubt the Electro heart would be all that effective. Flying demons have never given Trish a ton of trouble before. The Frost heart would be the only thing Trish has to look out for, but Lucia gets none of the benefits of the hearts outside of DT.

      Now lets say all weapons/items that are possible to find, then Trish would get access to most of Dante's previously used weapons/items because she knows Enzo and BtN confirms that she can get the DAs he holds on to.

      Which again, provide various amps and elemental power ups. They also allow her to use different fighting styles/techniques, while Lucia hasnt shown any proficiency in a style other than her own.

      The elemntal power ups from the Hearts are mostly for DT, so a majority of the time Lucia wont have elemental buffs to her attacks, while DA's give Trish elemental abilities regardless.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.